New engine releases & news 2021

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
No4b
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Location: Moscow
Full name: Alexander Litov

Re: Drofa 3.1.0

Post by No4b » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:00 am

No4b wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 pm
Hello everyone!
Drofa 3.1.0 released.
https://github.com/justNo4b/Drofa/releases/tag/3.1.0
Since the last release i got ~100 self-play elo.
Hopefully this will be enough to get me into 3000+ ccrl :)

Major changes:
  • Tuning pruning margins
  • Handtuning and Optuna tuning of a Safety values
  • Evaluation of threats (pieces attacking other pieces)
  • Improving evaluation of the pawns
  • Improved evaluation of the KingPawnShield
  • Improved evaluation of passed pawns (Free, FreeToAdvance, Distance between passers)
  • Singular extentions
  • Some other minor search tweaks

Code: Select all

STC: 10``+ 0.1``
Score of Drofa_3.1.0 vs Drofa_3.0.0: 781 - 238 - 481  [0.681] 1500
Elo difference: 131.74 +/- 14.97
Finished match

LTC: 60`` + 0.6`
Score of Drofa_3.1.0 vs Drofa_3.0.0: 666 - 225 - 609  [0.647] 1500
Elo difference: 105.25 +/- 13.70
Finished match
https://github.com/justNo4b/Drofa/releases/tag/3.1.0
Restored the release, windows binary seems working now on popcnt only machines
Big thanks to Graham for testing the binary.

tmokonen
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Kelowna
Full name: Tony Mokonen
Contact:

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by tmokonen » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:31 am


User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Drofa 3.1.0

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:03 am

No4b wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:00 am
No4b wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 pm
Hello everyone!
Drofa 3.1.0 released.
https://github.com/justNo4b/Drofa/releases/tag/3.1.0
Since the last release i got ~100 self-play elo.
Hopefully this will be enough to get me into 3000+ ccrl :)

Major changes:
  • Tuning pruning margins
  • Handtuning and Optuna tuning of a Safety values
  • Evaluation of threats (pieces attacking other pieces)
  • Improving evaluation of the pawns
  • Improved evaluation of the KingPawnShield
  • Improved evaluation of passed pawns (Free, FreeToAdvance, Distance between passers)
  • Singular extentions
  • Some other minor search tweaks

Code: Select all

STC: 10``+ 0.1``
Score of Drofa_3.1.0 vs Drofa_3.0.0: 781 - 238 - 481  [0.681] 1500
Elo difference: 131.74 +/- 14.97
Finished match

LTC: 60`` + 0.6`
Score of Drofa_3.1.0 vs Drofa_3.0.0: 666 - 225 - 609  [0.647] 1500
Elo difference: 105.25 +/- 13.70
Finished match
https://github.com/justNo4b/Drofa/releases/tag/3.1.0
Restored the release, windows binary seems working now on popcnt only machines
Big thanks to Graham for testing the binary.

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List : Sat Jul 10 10:44:30 2021
Running      : Gauntlet Drofa 3.1.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1400

Results from file gauntlet-drofa.pgn:

No. Name            Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
-----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Drofa 3.1.0    +507 =410 -483   *0  712.0  1400   50.9%
  2 Invictus r340   +83  =65  -52   *0  115.5   200   57.8%
  3 FabChess 1.16   +73  =71  -56   *0  108.5   200   54.2%
  4 Cheng 4.40      +77  =59  -64   *0  106.5   200   53.2%
  5 Mr Bob_1.0.0    +78  =56  -66   *0  106.0   200   53.0%
  6 Amoeba 3.3      +72  =61  -67   *0  102.5   200   51.2%
  7 Asymptote 0.8   +53  =50  -97   *0   78.0   200   39.0%
  8 Olithink 5.9.8  +47  =48 -105   *0   71.0   200   35.5%

Total Games:    1400
White Wins:      477 (34.1%)
Black Wins:      513 (36.6%)
Draws:           410 (29.3%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Drofa_3.1.0
Elo pool : 2929
Drofa 3.0.0 : 2854.0
Drofa_3.1.0 : 2934.7
Difference : 80.7
Drofa 3.1.0 +80 elo.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:15 am

tmokonen wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:31 am
Marvin 5.1.0

https://github.com/bmdanielsson/marvin- ... tag/v5.1.0
Marvin 5.1.0 running for the Gambit Rating List, 1800 games, you can follow its progress at:

http://rebel13.nl/a/grl.htm

Page refreshes each 30 seconds automatically.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

jhonnold
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm
Full name: Jay Honnold

Berserk 4.4.0

Post by jhonnold » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Another rapid fire release of Berserk. Version 4.4.0 is now available. :o

Available here: https://github.com/jhonnold/berserk/releases/tag/4.4.0

connor_mcmonigle
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am
Full name: Connor McMonigle

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by connor_mcmonigle » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:31 am

I've released a new version of Seer here: https://github.com/connormcmonigle/seer ... tag/v2.1.0. Seer v2.1.0 is expected to be +70 to +100 elo stronger in self play against v2.0.1, though I'm rather pessimistic about how those gains will translate to other opponents. Many thanks to all OpenBench contributors for making Seer's development possible.

User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI - the historical capital of MOLDOVA
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by Sylwy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:03 am

connor_mcmonigle wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:31 am
I've released a new version of Seer here: https://github.com/connormcmonigle/seer ... tag/v2.1.0. Seer v2.1.0 is expected to be +70 to +100 elo stronger in self play against v2.0.1, though I'm rather pessimistic about how those gains will translate to other opponents. Many thanks to all OpenBench contributors for making Seer's development possible.
2.1.0 ?
The executable shows v2.0.1 (a months ago release).

Image

connor_mcmonigle
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am
Full name: Connor McMonigle

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by connor_mcmonigle » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 am

Sylwy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:03 am
connor_mcmonigle wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:31 am
I've released a new version of Seer here: https://github.com/connormcmonigle/seer ... tag/v2.1.0. Seer v2.1.0 is expected to be +70 to +100 elo stronger in self play against v2.0.1, though I'm rather pessimistic about how those gains will translate to other opponents. Many thanks to all OpenBench contributors for making Seer's development possible.
2.1.0 ?
The executable shows v2.0.1 (a months ago release).

Image
Whoops, my bad. Thanks for noticing. I forgot to bump the version number. I'll fix the binaries shortly

User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI - the historical capital of MOLDOVA
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by Sylwy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:07 am

connor_mcmonigle wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 am

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for noticing. I forgot to bump the version number. I'll fix the binaries shortly
Thank you for the new version !

connor_mcmonigle
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am
Full name: Connor McMonigle

Re: New engine releases & news 2021

Post by connor_mcmonigle » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:37 am

Sylwy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:07 am
connor_mcmonigle wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 am

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for noticing. I forgot to bump the version number. I'll fix the binaries shortly
Thank you for the new version !
Okay, the binaries should report the correct version number now. Thanks!

Post Reply