Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
mclane
Posts: 18533
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: US of Europe, germany
Full name: Thorsten Czub
Contact:

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by mclane » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:35 pm

What is the sense of an „International“ forum if the forum is not accessible for the international public ?!


We should better shut down the shit and open it somewhere where No IP adresses are blocked.

As it seems USA is not a senseful host anymore.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....

smatovic
Posts: 1837
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic
Contact:

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by smatovic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Try to use an US proxy server:

https://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-us/

I used 51.81.186.206 port 8080 to write this message. You can setup a proxy in your OS network settings or browser settings.

--
Srdja

Paloma
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by Paloma » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:59 pm

This is only a list. :(

What do I need to do to use this us server?

Please explain step by step.

smatovic
Posts: 1837
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic
Contact:

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by smatovic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:32 pm

Paloma wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:59 pm
This is only a list. :(

What do I need to do to use this us server?

Please explain step by step.
That was a list of http-proxies in the US. If you use one of those in your browser settings, all your web-traffic will be routed through that proxy.

How to Set Up a Proxy in Chrome:
https://proxyway.com/guides/chrome-proxy-setup

Firefox Proxy Settings: Step-by-Step Tutorial:
https://proxyway.com/guides/firefox-proxy-setup

You should enable that proxy for visiting Talkchess only, and after visit disable again. Talkchess.com is not https encrypted, so there is no further security concern by using a proxy. There are several add-ons for several browsers to manage proxies in an more comfortable manner, I am not into these.

--
Srdja

User avatar
mclane
Posts: 18533
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: US of Europe, germany
Full name: Thorsten Czub
Contact:

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by mclane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Just install opera for windows on your pc. It has a built in vpn.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by Rebel » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 pm

mclane wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 pm
Just install opera for windows on your pc. It has a built in vpn.
+1

Worked for me.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Paloma
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by Paloma » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 pm

Rebel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 pm
mclane wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 pm
Just install opera for windows on your pc. It has a built in vpn.
+1

Worked for me.
Not for me!

Previously, unread posts were marked red, reads are black.

If I now read red marked posts and then go back to read a new thread, I am logged out.
After logging in again, the already read thread is marked red again.

So one comes confused what read Threads concerns.

peter
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by peter » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 am

Paloma wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 pm
Rebel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 pm
mclane wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 pm
Just install opera for windows on your pc. It has a built in vpn.
+1

Worked for me.
Not for me!

Previously, unread posts were marked red, reads are black.

If I now read red marked posts and then go back to read a new thread, I am logged out.
After logging in again, the already read thread is marked red again.

So one comes confused what read Threads concerns.
What annoys me mostly as for latest few days, if not checking "remember me" at logging in, when I have written my text and submit, I' am always logged out and asked for new log in, doing so, the already written text is gone and I have to start typing all over again.

Only workaround for me so far: checking "remember me" and yet also copying the text before "submit" or "preview", then at least the text is to be recovered easily by pasting after newly demand to log in
:twisted:
Peter.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by Rebel » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 am

Same here but I think they (chessusa.com) are working on a solution that resolves the problem of blocked members.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
pedrox
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:07 am
Location: Basque Country (Spain)
Contact:

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by pedrox » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:17 am

I could not connect yesterday and today (Spain), to my surprise I connected with a vpn.

Post Reply