Personal Chess Trainer 2007

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Broombox

Personal Chess Trainer 2007

Post by Broombox »

Has anyone bought or used PCT 2007 at www.personalchesstrainer.com? I'm asking because I'm thinking over now whether to buy it?
Wardy

Re: Personal Chess Trainer 2007

Post by Wardy »

Hi Alexander,

I've used the older version (v2) for about a year and found it very useful, all of the early problems are relatively easy but stick with it and it does get more and more challenging.

The whole repeatition idea sounds tedious but it does appear to work, within 5 weeks of doing an hour or so a day I was whipping my Travel Champion 2100 @ 40/2hours with little difficulty :D YMMV

I am awaiting my code for the 2007 version (upgrade pricing - nice!) but I've noticed in the demo that there are a lot of English typos and some menu screens/error messages and explanatory texts still in portugese. In addition you cannot specify normal time controls for playing against the huilt in Crafty engine - there are only blitz time controls available.

I'm sure that the language issues will be fixed quite quickly, just download the demo give it a bash and see what you think.......

Regards

Paul
pgeorges

Re: Personal Chess Trainer 2007

Post by pgeorges »

The demo version seems so buggy, that I think we'll have to wait for something more stable.