Tasc R30-SB30 ..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Tasc R30-SB30 ..

Post by Steve B »

On Ebay
looks to be in good condition
no mention is made as to what version of the King program is in this particular unit
seems to be complete except for the all important..crucial even.. velvet pouches for the pieces

speaking of the pieces..they dont look like any Tasc pieces i have ever seen
they look more to me like Mephisto Exclusive pieces which of course would not work with the Smart Board
in fact ONLY Tasc pieces can work with the computer and so they must be OK..i guess

although the seller is not new to Ebay(he has been a member for over two years)he has only 4 completed transactions to his credit

hefty opening bid price of $1900 but i imagine it will sell for at least that much(if those are the correct pieces)
looong 10 day auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Are Those Pieces Up To The Tasc Regards?
Steve
wade

Re: Tasc R30-SB30 ..

Post by wade »

Steve, the all important red velvet pouches are shown in the lower right hand corner photo. Eagle eye regards, Wade. :roll:
wade

Post by wade »

Steve, That same lower right corner photo module display says its version 2.20. 5/5 vision regards, Wade. :!:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

wade wrote:
Steve, the all important red velvet pouches are shown in the lower right hand corner photo. Eagle eye regards, Wade.

Steve, That same lower right corner photo module display says its version 2.20. 5/5 vision regards, Wade. :!:
hmmm dont remember seeing that last highly informative photo when i made the post
interesting combination in a photo though
the R30 unit and the pouches

:wink: Regards

Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:On Ebay
looks to be in good condition
no mention is made as to what version of the King program is in this particular unit
seems to be complete except for the all important..crucial even.. velvet pouches for the pieces

speaking of the pieces..they dont look like any Tasc pieces i have ever seen
they look more to me like Mephisto Exclusive pieces which of course would not work with the Smart Board
in fact ONLY Tasc pieces can work with the computer and so they must be OK..i guess

although the seller is not new to Ebay(he has been a member for over two years)he has only 4 completed transactions to his credit

hefty opening bid price of $1900 but i imagine it will sell for at least that much(if those are the correct pieces)
looong 10 day auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Are Those Pieces Up To The Tasc Regards?
Steve
And the auction closes without a single bidder

somewhat surprising i think
considering that R30's have sold for prices well above the opening bid of this one:
http://www.elpeon.com/index.php?mod=20|0

perhaps the $200 shipping to the USA which does seem a tad on the high side?
or perhaps..just perhaps..those were not the correct pieces after all??

Bewildered Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Steve B wrote:And the auction closes without a single bidder
well, it was closed... to be reopened $200 higher :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0108857901

this is a bit strange to raise the price of an item on which there wasn't any bid...

$2100 for a "1" eval seller + $200 shipping
= probably no bid at all regards,

Alain

PS : Paris 2007 is online...
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Alainza wrote:
well, it was closed... to be reopened $200 higher :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0108857901

this is a bit strange to raise the price of an item on which there wasn't any bid...

$2100 for a "1" eval seller + $200 shipping
= probably no bid at all
very strange indeed!
it seems the seller is acting on emotions and not cold logic
however other then just wasting his own time it costs him nothing to offer the Tasc at this price..the worst that can happen is it will not sell yet again and there is always the chance someone will buy it
Alainza wrote: PS : Paris 2007 is online...

:o
ahhh yes ..Springtime In Paris.. made even more legendary with Paris 07!
less then a year from the now historic Paris 06!
and a strong field of powerful computers!
you are missing a Lang program and a Fidelity
Stefan will probably declare himself with another Novag i imagine or perhaps for such a strong field he might even bring his Resurrection..but i hope he does not bring the dreaded and MODIFIED V11
that would be a shame i think
:(

EAG V9 Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Steve,
Steve B wrote: and a strong field of powerful computers!
Stefan will probably declare himself with another Novag i imagine or perhaps for such a strong field he might even bring his Resurrection..but i hope he does not bring the dreaded and MODIFIED V11
Stefan hasn't talked about a Res (too strong) or an Elite V11, when we scheduled the tournament, there were two possibilities : a strong Lang program or a home-tuned Novag...
And as the tournament does not happen before a full month, there is still some chance that we get other participant(s)...
Stay tuned regards,
Alain
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Alainza wrote:Hi Steve,
Steve B wrote: and a strong field of powerful computers!
Stefan hasn't talked about a Res (too strong) or an Elite V11, when we scheduled the tournament, there were two possibilities : a strong Lang program or a home-tuned Novag...
And as the tournament does not happen before a full month, there is still some chance that we get other participant(s)...
Stay tuned regards,
Alain
well hopefully the field can be kept clean and consist of pure dedicated computers that were released for sale to the public
one grows concerned these days that the old computers in their originally released state will be pushed aside in favor of strength at all costs ..
one has only to look at the recently concluded .INFO Online tournaments to see this fear come to reality
a MODIFIED computer took the A group and a PC card (not even a dedicated chess computer!)took the B group

Sad Days Indeed Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Steve,
Steve B wrote: a MODIFIED computer took the A group and a PC card (not even a dedicated chess computer!)took the B group
I fully agree on the PC Card side and refused last year the participation of a computer+program even if it was an old pair (Apple II + Sargon III I think).
For the "Modified" computer aspect, I am not against, even if I would not myself come with such computer (and in fact, I don't have any tuned computer) : as far as I know, many (if not all) official championships were done with prototypes or overclocked machines.
May be we should provide two tournament results (based on the same games) ? One for "all participants" and the other for "commercially available computers" ?

trying to add material to the tournament's page regards,
Alain