Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, gaard, Ras

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Chessqueen
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Dominican Republic
Full name: Agustin Jorge Pichardo

Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Chessqueen » Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 am

Do all chess hustlers talk trash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZNF7PUQqs

Chessqueen
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Dominican Republic
Full name: Agustin Jorge Pichardo

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Chessqueen » Wed May 19, 2021 12:47 am

Very soon we will witness him becoming the Youngest GM in history, this is when he won the 1sr Norm and 2nd Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8oXOM3tlNE
Do all chess hustlers talk trash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZNF7PUQqs

Cornfed
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 pm
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Cornfed » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Chessqueen wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:47 am
Very soon we will witness him becoming the Youngest GM in history, this is when he won the 1sr Norm and 2nd Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8oXOM3tlNE
It is said you can obtain anything if you throw enough money at it. What the parents are doing is obscene IMHO...
Oh, I know there has to be effort to go with it...so you miss my point if you immediate thought of that. There are many REALLY good players who obtained the GM title at a young age...probably could have done it sooner if they had similar 'backing'. :roll:

Uri Blass
Posts: 9139
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Uri Blass » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:52 am

Cornfed wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:09 pm
Chessqueen wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:47 am
Very soon we will witness him becoming the Youngest GM in history, this is when he won the 1sr Norm and 2nd Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8oXOM3tlNE
It is said you can obtain anything if you throw enough money at it. What the parents are doing is obscene IMHO...
Oh, I know there has to be effort to go with it...so you miss my point if you immediate thought of that. There are many REALLY good players who obtained the GM title at a young age...probably could have done it sooner if they had similar 'backing'. :roll:
It is not correct you can obtain anything if you throw enough money at it.
Everybody has his own limitation.
It is correct that there are good players who obtained the GM title at a young age and could have done it sooner with better conditions but
It is also correct that there are more players who could never do it regardless of money and effort.

Chessqueen
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Dominican Republic
Full name: Agustin Jorge Pichardo

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Chessqueen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:53 am

Uri Blass wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:52 am
Cornfed wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:09 pm
Chessqueen wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:47 am
Very soon we will witness him becoming the Youngest GM in history, this is when he won the 1sr Norm and 2nd Norm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8oXOM3tlNE
It is said you can obtain anything if you throw enough money at it. What the parents are doing is obscene IMHO...
Oh, I know there has to be effort to go with it...so you miss my point if you immediate thought of that. There are many REALLY good players who obtained the GM title at a young age...probably could have done it sooner if they had similar 'backing'. :roll:
It is not correct you can obtain anything if you throw enough money at it.
Everybody has his own limitation.
It is correct that there are good players who obtained the GM title at a young age and could have done it sooner with better conditions but
It is also correct that there are more players who could never do it regardless of money and effort.
GM Leon will be the penultimate opponent for the young 12 years and 5 months old Abhimanyu Mishra's to become the youngest GM in history, and with the Black pieces it will be tough since GM Leon is in a winning marathon https://twitter.com/ChessbaseIndia/stat ... gr%5Etweet

Note: The big obstacle is that GM Leon is in a winning streak https://chessbase.in/news/Leon-makes-a- ... ament-wins
https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... m-mix-2021

This was his last game https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... 2021/8/1/3
Do all chess hustlers talk trash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZNF7PUQqs

Chessqueen
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Dominican Republic
Full name: Agustin Jorge Pichardo

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Chessqueen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 am

In 10 minutes he could make history by becoming the youngest GM in History (12 years and 5 months old Abhimanyu Mishra's), but GM Leon is a tough opponent to beat you can watch it here https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... m-mix-2021
Do all chess hustlers talk trash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZNF7PUQqs

Chessqueen
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Dominican Republic
Full name: Agustin Jorge Pichardo

Re: Can this American Kids become the youngest GM Ever ?

Post by Chessqueen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Chessqueen wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 am
In 10 minutes he could make history by becoming the youngest GM in History (12 years and 5 months old Abhimanyu Mishra's), but GM Leon is a tough opponent to beat you can watch it here https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... 2021/9/1/1
Do all chess hustlers talk trash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilZNF7PUQqs

Post Reply