Strelka -- Open source

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

slobo

Re: Strelka How hidden people harm Rybka/Vas p.5

Post by slobo »

Rolf wrote:
Aleks Peshkov wrote:
Rolf wrote: If you experts dont tell what you know about the truth THEN you betray our whole community because there wont be a court where we could get the truth. So, please stand up and say the truth.
I personally do not believe in existence of the truth. Desire to judge is a sin. Do not forget court goddess is blind.
If one speaks of truth or (the) truth in relation to an expert and his knowledge, truth means that he gives his judgement as expert. Perhaps he doesnt know the "whole" truth but what he says is the truth. Otherwise he wouldnt be an expert.

Corbit doesnt speak out the truth because he doesnt condemn Strelka and author. Strelka or Toga dont "give" anything new to the community, except what Fruit and above all Rybka already gave.
Rolf, you mix up some terms and concepts.
Fruit, Strelka, Toga, and all other weaker engines, give themselves to the community.
Rybka, for example, doesn´t give itself, it sells itself.

The case of Strelka is special: it was also a try to interpret what Rybka is selling to the community, beyond itself. It may be wrong, of course, it may be right, but for me it doesn´t matter. What does matter for me is that it was a meta computer chess language: computer chess programing language talking about computer chess programimg language.

No one tried to do it before.

Congratulations to Osipov!
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."