Why not let Norman return to chess community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Post Reply
User avatar
Rolf
Posts: 6081
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: Munster, Nuremberg, Princeton

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Rolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Steve B wrote: Rolf
i have sent you a PM
Steve
Thanks, Steve. I expected that right valid for nominees.
BTW thanks again for the time you spent on the job. Great role model you are.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz

User avatar
Rolf
Posts: 6081
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: Munster, Nuremberg, Princeton

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Rolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Steve B wrote:
mariaclara wrote::roll: psssssssssssst. keep it quiet. don't tell anyone bout it.

there's a secret forum here on talkchess.

:arrow: CTF

(where they can talk about any topic they want.
yep. clowns - errrrrrrr -> about clones too)

:wink: :wink:
nope no secret
just wanted to expain to Rolf why his post in the Nominee thread was removed
i sent him the PM awhile ago and he did not read it even though he posted here several times thereafter

Steve
Correct. Reason is I act like the programmers. I create a message, give it to the world and then do never care if it's deleted or whatever, raped or what. Therefore I wasnt suspicious in any thinkable way. I signed here to the rule that everything could happen. Below the importance of Haiti.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz

gerold
Posts: 10065
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: van buren,missouri

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by gerold » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Rolf wrote:
Steve B wrote:
mariaclara wrote::roll: psssssssssssst. keep it quiet. don't tell anyone bout it.

there's a secret forum here on talkchess.

:arrow: CTF

(where they can talk about any topic they want.
yep. clowns - errrrrrrr -> about clones too)

:wink: :wink:
nope no secret
just wanted to expain to Rolf why his post in the Nominee thread was removed
i sent him the PM awhile ago and he did not read it even though he posted here several times thereafter

Steve
Correct. Reason is I act like the programmers. I create a message, give it to the world and then do never care if it's deleted or whatever, raped or what. Therefore I wasnt suspicious in any thinkable way. I signed here to the rule that everything could happen. Below the importance of Haiti.
Thanks for standing up to the clone supporters Rolf.
I hope who ever is the new Mod will do right and ban
the clones and clone supporters out of this find forum.
I think we have 3 men running that will do that.

Best,

Gerold.

djbl

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by djbl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:21 pm

ok, this seems to be what you are saying. ppl who are new to this forum are not allowed to question what you say, ppl who are new to this forum are not entitled to an opinion, ppl who are new to this forum do not need the same kind of respect as others. so, if we have it your way this forum remains a closed clique, with only a few old members in fighting between each other, a forum that does not welcome new members or respect their views. as far as i am aware this is a public forum (i.e, not your own personal soap box/pulpit) where anybody can post their opinions. of course some ppl always think what they have got to day is so much more important than what others have to say, these type of ppl usually either rubbish all contrary opinions or they prefer to not allow contrary opinions to be expressed in the first place. i have every right to express my views here as long as they are not defamatory (something that cannot be said of your posts) - every bit as much right as you have, whether you have posted a thousand times to my 1 or not, in fact more so because you have already stated your case enough already. maybe some ppl have said so much already that they feel their voice is the only one that counts. and as to being new, i have kept my eye on this forum for quite a while, and the rybka forum as well, where i see a lot of censorship, which is always a bad thing regardless. what i see concerning the robbo fiasco is one man (a man who promised me R4 last year then totally reneged) making an allegation, an allegation he has yet to offer any real proof for, and this allegation cannot be questioned, defended or even raised. that does not strike me as an argument that stems from a position of strength. maybe you choose to blindly believe what your masters tell you but some of us dont. and until such proof is provided the parties involved remain innocent in my eyes ad those making such allegations are so afr the guilty parties - as they say, put up or shut up. and if you are entitled to publicly condemn a man which i have so far seen you do countless times, whether he is guilty or not that man should have the right to defend himself. so, if the policy on this forum is that norm is not allowed to have his say there should also be a rule that others should not be allowed to discuss the issue/accuse/condemn. because anything else is plain wrong. to criticise/accuse a man who does not have the right to reply is simple cowardice. yes, you are entitled to your views, equally so so am i, as is anybody else. and if you still feel norm shouldn't be able to have his say...fine, as long as ppl like you stop publicly accusing him.

djbl

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by djbl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

"This sort of twisted logic is unacceptable. The facts are known to experts here and not even I like many have not these facts."

sorry, what twisted logic might that be? that a man who is publicly slandered should have a right to defend himself. well, in my part of the world such views are not generaly regarded as twisted. and you seem to be very certain of your position for a man who has not personally (as you say yourself) seen the proof. so called experts also told us saddam had WOMD, and we blindly accepted that because they were the 'experts'. well, looking back would it not have been better if they had presented us, the epublic with the facts/proof they claimed to be privey to?

User avatar
mariaclara
Posts: 4186
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Sulu Sea

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by mariaclara » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

:?: errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Darren,

can you please repeat your last 2 posts.

I sorta ran out of breath...

thanks :wink: :wink:
.
.

................. Mu Shin ..........................

djbl

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by djbl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:48 pm

:D well, i would but i need a little rest first, one and a half essays per day is my limit

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Contact:

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Guenther » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Henrik Dinesen wrote:
Guenther wrote:
slobo wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:
liuzy wrote:Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
Why start a new thread on this topic, instead of just contributing to the existing ones? For example, you must have seen the thread right below yours that is titled: Time to bring Norman back. Do you think people will give your opinion more credence if there are multiple threads on the topic? If so, you should rethink this perspective. I would guess people find it more annoying than persuasive.

-Sam
I don't know who BubbaTough is, but I think he is making a pression against the mods. His claim is now explicite and more visible.

Well, we all have some weak point, and the banning from CCC is Norman's weak point. He has been struck by this banning, and I ask the community to put an end to the current situation.
IMO it would be much better to ban some more!
Agree to that!
Nominate me and we'll see ;-)
Guenther Simon
http://rwbc-chess.de/

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 671
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Michael Diosi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:56 pm

They already had the chance to get rid of all those people. They didn't elect correspondingly so they deserve the current situation.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

P.S.: A decent forum will reopen soon...

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1748
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:They already had the chance to get rid of all those people. They didn't elect correspondingly so they deserve the current situation.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

P.S.: A decent forum will reopen soon...
Was good to see you in the engine room yesterday with Robbo.

Post Reply