New engine releases 2020

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Guenther
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Guenther » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:18 am

FoxSee 1.24
Minic 1.39
Nemorino 5.28dev (version number finally in sync with appveyor, but now there is another glitch - it says build failed, but they are there)
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/christi ... 5ep2oig2ag

Infos:
The Andscacs site does not work anymore (haven't checked if this a temporarily issue?)
I hope Jose is well. I will add a wayback link later, if it fails for longer.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190730033 ... scacs.com/

OTH the SharpChess (Peter Hughes) website is definitely gone. below is the last working wayback archive.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190715031 ... chess.com/

The same applies for AviChess
https://web.archive.org/web/20181106024 ... nuxit.net/

Terje
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 am
Location: https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss
Full name: Terje Kirstihagen

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Terje » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Weiss 0.9 released, a crash fix and only a minor strength increase this time as most of my effort went into improving the code, not the engine.

Might have slightly bigger gains than indicated in repeating TC, spending more time on early moves as opposed to equal time for each move.

https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss/releases/tag/v0.9

bctboi23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 am
Full name: Tom Reinitz

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by bctboi23 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:43 am

SeeChess renamed to CeeChess (to remove name ambiguity), and updated to version 1.3

plays around 100 elo better than previous versions, due to tapered eval + new PSQTs (taken from Lyudmil's tables in the PSQT challenge)

GitHub: https://github.com/bctboi23/CeeChess/releases/tag/v1.3

Gabor Szots
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Gabor Szots » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:55 am

bctboi23 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:43 am
SeeChess renamed to CeeChess (to remove name ambiguity), and updated to version 1.3

plays around 100 elo better than previous versions, due to tapered eval + new PSQTs (taken from Lyudmil's tables in the PSQT challenge)

GitHub: https://github.com/bctboi23/CeeChess/releases/tag/v1.3
Another possible name could be SeaChess.

BTW, it seems to me it is WB compliant as well.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

Guenther
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Guenther » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:55 am
bctboi23 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:43 am
SeeChess renamed to CeeChess (to remove name ambiguity), and updated to version 1.3

plays around 100 elo better than previous versions, due to tapered eval + new PSQTs (taken from Lyudmil's tables in the PSQT challenge)

GitHub: https://github.com/bctboi23/CeeChess/releases/tag/v1.3
Another possible name could be SeaChess.

BTW, it seems to me it is WB compliant as well.
You seem right. This info was not reported yet.

tmokonen
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by tmokonen » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:52 am

Tinman 0.2.0, including author's compiles (Is the windows compile popcount? It does not work for me on this old machine).
https://github.com/mikeleany/tinman/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Windows msvc compiles:
https://mega.nz/#!jh0DiQgY!ZAecSOWLJN7_ ... lelpOF2MWI

Gabor Szots
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Gabor Szots » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:24 am

tmokonen wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:52 am
Tinman 0.2.0, including author's compiles (Is the windows compile popcount? It does not work for me on this old machine).
https://github.com/mikeleany/tinman/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Windows msvc compiles:
https://mega.nz/#!jh0DiQgY!ZAecSOWLJN7_ ... lelpOF2MWI
It does work on my i5-4690K and it is 64-bit. A bit faster than your compile but huge in size.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

Guenther
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Guenther » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 am

I have recompiled Stash now at version 8.14 which should fix cpu usage.

FoxSEE is now at release version 2.0.0 (src already at 2.1.1, but unreleased)

If someone is interested, I made also a no popcount compile of current Ethereal 11.94.
Soon 12.00 should come out as an official release though.

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Roland Chastain » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Alouette 0.1.1

Fixed book usage. Replaces v0.1.0.

Post Reply