tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
tomitank
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 am
Location: Hungary

tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by tomitank » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi all!

tomitankChess is pure JavaScript Engine
-----------------------------------------
- No Emscripten, no V8 optimization: unlike stockfish-js
- tomitankChess use node.js for UCI protokol.

Usage:
------------------
- Arena GUI with node.js
- Comand line: direct acces to node.exe (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
- Command line parameters: direct acces to tomitankChess.js (C:\Program Files\nodejs\tomitankChessUCI.js)

Features:
------------------
- Pawn bitboard with 32 bit integers (http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65198)
- Hash 28MB
- PVS, fail-low
- IID
- LMR
- LMP
- Razoring
- Futility Pruning
- Null Move Pruning
- Static null move pruning
- See pruning at Qsearch
- Delta Pruning at Qsearch
- Evaluation based on Fruit 2.1

Thanks:
------------------
- Thanks Fabien Letouzey for the great source code of the program Fruit 2.1.
- Thanks Colin Jenkins (Lozza author) for the UCI interface code.
- Thanks Stockfish authors
- Thanks VICE author
- http://talkchess.com
- https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/

Estimated level:
------------------
- Lozza 1.7 or better. (Around 2400-2500 elo)

TODO:
------------------
- Pawn Eval Hash
- Tune Search algorithm

Have fun with tomitankChess!

Download link: https://github.com/tomitank/tomitankChess

Tamas Kuzmics

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32235
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Is there an engine folder to download?

Graham.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

tmokonen
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by tmokonen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 pm

You need the Node.js executable to run the engine inside of a chess GUI.
Download it from

https://nodejs.org/en/download/

I would use the Windows Binary .zip package. Place node.exe from the download and tomitankChess.js from the tomitankChess GitHub site in the same folder. Then when you set up your engine in the GUI, use node.exe as the engine, and tomitankChess.js as the command line parameter, and you should be good to go.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32235
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:51 pm

tmokonen wrote:You need the Node.js executable to run the engine inside of a chess GUI.
Download it from

https://nodejs.org/en/download/

I would use the Windows Binary .zip package. Place node.exe from the download and tomitankChess.js from the tomitankChess GitHub site in the same folder. Then when you set up your engine in the GUI, use node.exe as the engine, and tomitankChess.js as the command line parameter, and you should be good to go.
Thanks Tony. :)
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32235
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Graham Banks wrote:
tmokonen wrote:You need the Node.js executable to run the engine inside of a chess GUI.
Download it from

https://nodejs.org/en/download/

I would use the Windows Binary .zip package. Place node.exe from the download and tomitankChess.js from the tomitankChess GitHub site in the same folder. Then when you set up your engine in the GUI, use node.exe as the engine, and tomitankChess.js as the command line parameter, and you should be good to go.
Thanks Tony. :)
I can't seem to download the tomitankChess.js file.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

tmokonen
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by tmokonen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:01 pm

I can't seem to download the tomitankChess.js file.
From https://github.com/tomitank/tomitankChess

Click on the green Clone or download button and download the zip file, and extract it from the file you have downloaded.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32235
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 pm

tmokonen wrote:
I can't seem to download the tomitankChess.js file.
From https://github.com/tomitank/tomitankChess

Click on the green Clone or download button and download the zip file, and extract it from the file you have downloaded.
Got it. Thanks again. :)
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

User avatar
gbtami
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by gbtami » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Seems little unusual for me to publish a GPL program as an encripted .js file. Is there any special reason you use this format instead of readable source code?

tomitank
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 am
Location: Hungary

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by tomitank » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks your help!

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32235
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: tomitankChess - New JavaScript engine

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:56 pm

tomitank wrote:Thanks your help!
Does Tomitank have a version number (like 1.0 for example)?
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Post Reply