Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99 ??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99.99 ??

No
63%
Yes
37%

Total votes: 67

royb

Re: Whether Deep Hiarcs is Worth £69.95 / €83.95 / $99 ??

Post by royb »

S.Taylor wrote:A million times more important than whether they are real champions or not is, that i should be able to set up a positions on infinite, or play moves up to a certain point in the game and then put it on infinite and watch it calculate a few top lines and see it change its mind as it thinks deeper.

Then i should be able to move a move forward or back and see what it is calculating about that, too.

I don't think this is possible with hiarcs 14.

It was possible with hiarcs 5, 6 and 7 and most other programs from those days.

INDEED IF ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET THAT TODAY, WITH ANY ONE OF THE TOP ENGINES, I'D BE VERY THANKFUL IF YOU LET ME KNOW, AND HOW I CAN SET IT UP.
I do not want to start an argument here; I believe there are lots of engines available today (commercial or free) that can do this. For example, Komodo 8 (Komodo 9 comes out tomorrow though so I'd wait a day) can do this, as can Stockfish (a free engine). Yes, you will likely want a GUI to help make things easier, but those are readily available (and free) -- SCID, SCID-vs-PC, Arena ... all are free GUIs that let you run engines in infinite analysis mode and move forward or back through a list of moves and see what the engine reports back.

Or did I misunderstand what you are looking for?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

S.Taylor wrote:A million times more important than whether they are real champions or not is, that i should be able to set up a positions on infinite, or play moves up to a certain point in the game and then put it on infinite and watch it calculate a few top lines and see it change its mind as it thinks deeper.

Then i should be able to move a move forward or back and see what it is calculating about that, too.

INDEED IF ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET THAT TODAY, WITH ANY ONE OF THE TOP ENGINES, I'D BE VERY THANKFUL IF YOU LET ME KNOW, AND HOW I CAN SET IT UP.
HIARCS is an ordinary UCI engine, not? Any UCI engine should be able to do thte things you propose. All of this is absolutely standard.
Henk

Post by Henk »

hgm wrote:

HIARCS is an ordinary UCI engine, not? Any UCI engine should be able to do thte things you propose. All of this is absolutely standard.
Engines. It is all crap.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Henk wrote:
hgm wrote:

Engines. It is all crap.
:shock:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bob

Post by bob »

What _I_ would like to see is that the moderators decide that YOU are not worth the trouble here and permanently kick you out. This is not a legitimate poll, it is a troll poll. You should give this nonsense up.
bob

Post by bob »

Astatos wrote:Is it still promoting like world champion? :P
Then along with the price I think you can make a case for fraud.
You should return to Vega$ vacation...
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

The engine is worth nothing in my personal opinion, but as a freebee bundled with the Chess Explorer software, I'd say £25 feels about right.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Henk wrote:
hgm wrote:

Engines. It is all crap.
:shock:
We're infested with Rybka trolls.
Terry McCracken
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Terry McCracken wrote: We're infested with Rybka trolls.
And some anti-Rybka trolls as well.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Modern Times wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: We're infested with Rybka trolls.
And some anti-Rybka trolls as well.
Say what you mean Ray. We know where you're coming from and where you can take it.

CCC is overflowing like a backed up toilet.

It stinks in here.
Terry McCracken