TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Martin Thoresen » Mon May 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Congratulations to Stockfish and Komodo for qualifying for the Superfinal after Stage 4 ended earlier today.

Superfinal:
16 cores, ponder off.
Up to 16 GB hash.
Time control is 120' + 30".
64 games, 32 openings.

The winner will be the TCEC Grand Champion.

http://tcec.chessdom.com/live.php

Code: Select all

N Engine           Rtng Pts Gm   SB Ko          St         

 1 Komodo 7x        3155 0.0  0 0.00 ··········· + 0 = 0 - 0
 2 Stockfish 170514 3164 0.0  0 0.00 + 0 = 0 - 0 ···········
Full rules can be read on the TCEC website, click "Help" in the top menu then "Rules & Information".

Finished games can be viewed and downloaded in the Archive page:
http://tcec.chessdom.com/archive.php

You can also use the direct link function for a specific game, for example the last game of Stage 4:
http://tcec.chessdom.com/archive.php?se=6&st=4&ga=96

Best of luck to both engines!

Robert Flesher
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 am

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Robert Flesher » Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Martin Thoresen wrote:Congratulations to Stockfish and Komodo for qualifying for the Superfinal after Stage 4 ended earlier today.

Superfinal:
16 cores, ponder off.
Up to 16 GB hash.
Time control is 120' + 30".
64 games, 32 openings.

The winner will be the TCEC Grand Champion.

http://tcec.chessdom.com/live.php

Code: Select all

N Engine           Rtng Pts Gm   SB Ko          St         

 1 Komodo 7x        3155 0.0  0 0.00 ··········· + 0 = 0 - 0
 2 Stockfish 170514 3164 0.0  0 0.00 + 0 = 0 - 0 ···········
Full rules can be read on the TCEC website, click "Help" in the top menu then "Rules & Information".

Finished games can be viewed and downloaded in the Archive page:
http://tcec.chessdom.com/archive.php

You can also use the direct link function for a specific game, for example the last game of Stage 4:
http://tcec.chessdom.com/archive.php?se=6&st=4&ga=96

Best of luck to both engines!

Great news! Thanks Martin, I have been watching again with great interest. However, why does the site take so long to load, sometimes several minutes?

Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Martin Thoresen » Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:However, why does the site take so long to load, sometimes several minutes?
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 80&t=52188

S.Taylor
Posts: 8348
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:25 am
Location: Jerusalem Israel

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by S.Taylor » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Martin, is there any way i can use chat, without going through a whole proccess of commitments and agreements with twitter or facebook or similar things?

User avatar
Eelco de Groot
Posts: 4162
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:40 am
Location: Groningen

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Eelco de Groot » Tue May 20, 2014 12:18 pm

S.Taylor wrote:Martin, is there any way i can use chat, without going through a whole proccess of commitments and agreements with twitter or facebook or similar things?
For Chatwing you need to provide a valid e-mail account. I think it is the least intrusive option to use.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan

Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Martin Thoresen » Tue May 20, 2014 12:39 pm

S.Taylor wrote:Martin, is there any way i can use chat, without going through a whole proccess of commitments and agreements with twitter or facebook or similar things?
You can register an account at www.chatwing.com and login to the chat with that.

They only require 2 things from you:

1: Username
2: Password

Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Martin Thoresen » Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:However, why does the site take so long to load, sometimes several minutes?
This should now be fixed. Please try to reload a few times and let me know if it has improved for you.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 am

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Ozymandias » Tue May 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Much faster now.

User avatar
M ANSARI
Posts: 3408
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by M ANSARI » Wed May 21, 2014 9:53 am

Yes seems to load much faster. I don't know if Komodo can repeat its win against SF in the last superfinal. SF seems to have improved in every area ... tactically, positionally and of course phenomenal endgame play! The speed at which SF sees stuff is just incredible!

Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: TCEC Season 6 - Superfinal now live

Post by Martin Thoresen » Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Image

Post Reply