Scorpio 6men EGBB Now available

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Scorpio 6men EGBB Now available

Post by jshriver »

Graciously received the files from Daniel Shawul and have put them up on my torrent site for others to grab.

http://oics.olympuschess.com/tracker/index.php is the site.

The full dataset is 48.1 gigs, and also includes the compression tools for linux + windows + windows 64bit. It also has the latest 32bit and 64bit .so and .dlls.

If you have any questions let me know.

-Josh

P.S. I will try and have 1-2 seeds for a couple weeks to kick start it. Feel free to spread to other forums or mailing list. Just want to get these files out there to those that want them.
jshriver

Re: Scorpio 6men EGBB Now available

Post by jshriver »

On a fun note, the tracker has reported our community has shared between ourselves over 100 Terabytes of data so far!

Amazing feat, you can check the exact numbers by checking out the site.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

I have added an x64 windows binaries of Scorpio that work with 6 men egbbs. http://shawul.olympuschess.com/egbb/Scorpio.zip
For those who want to compile Scorpio for different platforms, the source code is available on my github page shown in my signature.
Unfortunately Jim is not around to do the compiles.
Daniel
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

What the advantages/differences compare to Syzygy TB ?
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Wrong question you ask there but here goes
*Passed the test of time over 10 years.
*They are about 48.1Gb which is about 110 GBs less.
*Not hyped up to what it is not.
Angrim
Full name: Ben Nye

Post by Angrim »

Daniel Shawul wrote:Wrong question you ask there but here goes
Remarkable claims, so I looked around the net a bit.
It seems the Scorpio 6 man tables have just been finished this month, which is why I didn't hear about them 10 years ago.
Also they are only bitbases(won/loss/draw) so they fit much less information into the reduced space that they take up.
Shame about that, a better compression method would have been nice to hear about.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Angrim wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:Wrong question you ask there but here goes
Remarkable claims, so I looked around the net a bit.
It seems the Scorpio 6 man tables have just been finished this month, which is why I didn't hear about them 10 years ago.
No you probably lived in a cave :) or it maybe that you had only 9 posts in your CCC career?!
Also they are only bitbases(won/loss/draw) so they fit much less information into the reduced space that they take up.
Shame about that, a better compression method would have been nice to hear about.
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Nalimov's compression is already very good so there is not much to improve upon DTM tables interms of size. My bitbases are 48.1Gb which is much MUCH less than an over-hyped 150gb syzygy. Some people will find that very convenient. Infact they fit in a 50Gb flash-drive which is a very good alternative to storing them slow hard-disk or super-expensive SSD drives.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Angrim wrote:Also they are only bitbases(won/loss/draw) so they fit much less information into the reduced space that they take up.
And half-sided.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

syzygy wrote:
Angrim wrote:Also they are only bitbases(won/loss/draw) so they fit much less information into the reduced space that they take up.
And half-sided.
Yes they also don't solve chess unlike some recent claims of EGTBs... Why don't you go back to your over-hyped syzg threads and improve on that embarassing 160G figure? I just made a post in rybka-forum to educate your brainwashed followers ...
Bye
mvk

Post by mvk »

Congratulations!

A technical question: Are these tables single-sided or double-sided?

And a follow-up in case of single-sided: What is the expected performance, strength-wise, when using them on a, say, 8-16GB, 6-8 core system, with optimised probe depth?
[Account deleted]