DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Albert Silver
Posts: 2860
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by Albert Silver » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Does anyone know whether one can link a DGT board with an Android device (or iOS) to play with?
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by AdminX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Albert Silver wrote:Does anyone know whether one can link a DGT board with an Android device (or iOS) to play with?
Take a look at Pico Chess, I have not had any success yet, but your mileage may vary.

http://jromang.github.io/Stockfish/

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... Jo18OKoBtY
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

mephisto
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:10 am
Location: England

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by mephisto » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Albert

Not too sure about the DGT board but you certainly can connect a Solus Chess board to an Android, iPad and PC but you'll have to build one first which is quite easy and very satisfying when you play on something you have built yourself.
Here's the link to my site with plenty of photos together with a link to the main Solus Chess web site.

http://usbchessboard.yolasite.com

Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!

Albert Silver
Posts: 2860
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by Albert Silver » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 pm

mephisto wrote:Albert

Not too sure about the DGT board but you certainly can connect a Solus Chess board to an Android, iPad and PC but you'll have to build one first which is quite easy and very satisfying when you play on something you have built yourself.
Here's the link to my site with plenty of photos together with a link to the main Solus Chess web site.

http://usbchessboard.yolasite.com

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

While I have no issue making the board, it won't help if I have no software to run it from my smartphone or tablet.

Albert
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

kinderchocolate
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:55 am
Full name: Ted Wong
Contact:

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by kinderchocolate » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Albert,

Bryan has been connecting his iOS device with his DGT board. Maybe you should talk to him.


Albert Silver wrote:
mephisto wrote:Albert

Not too sure about the DGT board but you certainly can connect a Solus Chess board to an Android, iPad and PC but you'll have to build one first which is quite easy and very satisfying when you play on something you have built yourself.
Here's the link to my site with plenty of photos together with a link to the main Solus Chess web site.

http://usbchessboard.yolasite.com

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

While I have no issue making the board, it won't help if I have no software to run it from my smartphone or tablet.

Albert

mephisto
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:10 am
Location: England

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by mephisto » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Albert

The only software you would need is Aart's 'Chess for Android' on your phone or tablet.

Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!

jimratliff
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 pm
Location: Oakland, California

Re: DGT and Android (or iPhone)

Post by jimratliff » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 am

Bryan,

Ted said:

[quote]Bryan has been connecting his iOS device with his DGT board. Maybe you should talk to him.[/quote]

Do you know of a way to use an iOS device with a DGT board?

I already have a DGT board. I'd like to be able to use to capture live human-vs-human games as I play for later study.

And iOS (or Android) would be the ideal platform for me to do this.

Thanks!

Post Reply