Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.
Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 pm
- Location: Germany
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:31 am
- Location: Belgium
Thank you ,as always!
- Posts: 766
- Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 am
In ultra fast games 2.3 seems to be much stronger than 2.2.2
- Posts: 33143
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: Auckland, NZ
Thanks to the Stockfish team, plus you too Jim.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:38 pm
Thank you very much Stockfish team!
- Posts: 543
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm
ELO increase is very limited, it is mainly a minor release to flush
the accumulated work. From the user point of view the biggest thing is
that SF should not crash anymore even with many threads because a
nasty SMP bug causing a rare but repetitive crash has been fixed.
As always: Thank you very much to all Stockfish team!
- Posts: 10121
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
- Location: van buren,missouri
Thanks Jim. Thanks Stockfish team.
- Posts: 2684
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:17 pm
Thanks Jim, very kind and helpful as usual.
Just a couple of quick notes.
1) For people compiling themself the Stockfish bench signature is: 5416292 It means that if you run ./stockfish bench then it should show 5416292 nodes searched. This means that the compile is correct.
2) For people running / using under Android / iPhone with more than one thread, I'd suggest to set "Use Sleeping Threads" option. This allows to save power and battery and strength is practically the same.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm
- Location: NL
Great! Waiting for the new Houdini and we get a new Stockfish !