Levy's interview on Chessbase about ICGA/rybka

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rebel
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: Levy's interview on Chessbase about ICGA/rybka

Post by Rebel »

bob wrote:
marcelk wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:
michiguel wrote: http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=36

You smeared 1/4 of the CCT entrants for no other reason than your gut. That is not a lie. By the way, nothing came out of that empty statement.
Confirmed.
Please "name the CCT entrants that were smeared". SPECIFICALLY. Program names or author names will do equally well.

waiting...
For what purpose? It is YOUR statement (click the link above), so if YOU need the names for some purpose you might ask YOURSELF that question. Did or did you not write
bob wrote: I would not be surprised in the least to discover that 1/4 of the cct-12 programs are not original.
Any burden of proof is on YOUR side. Naming would be a nice start. Evidence is next. Waiting...
My POINT is that I did NOT claim any specific program was a clone, now did I? Because I don't believe a "gut feeling" is proof. You have joined right in with Ed and Chris, using distortion, hyperbole, and dishonesty to further your agenda(s). There is a HUGE difference between a "suspicion" (which is why I did NOT "name names") and proof. You know that. Yet you continue this line of discussion, which is completely dishonest. I don't "name" until I am sure. As in the Rybka case, for one example...
Disagree with Bob and you are called dishonest.

Boring.

Try something new.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Terry McCracken wrote: Rolf you pontificating hypocrite, Xuck Off!
Trying to close or move a thread Terry ?

Happened before.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
marcelk wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:

You smeared 1/4 of the CCT entrants for no other reason than your gut. That is not a lie. By the way, nothing came out of that empty statement.
Confirmed.
Please "name the CCT entrants that were smeared". SPECIFICALLY. Program names or author names will do equally well.

waiting...
For what purpose? It is YOUR statement (click the link above), so if YOU need the names for some purpose you might ask YOURSELF that question. Did or did you not write
bob wrote: I would not be surprised in the least to discover that 1/4 of the cct-12 programs are not original.
Any burden of proof is on YOUR side. Naming would be a nice start. Evidence is next. Waiting...
My POINT is that I did NOT claim any specific program was a clone, now did I? Because I don't believe a "gut feeling" is proof. You have joined right in with Ed and Chris, using distortion, hyperbole, and dishonesty to further your agenda(s). There is a HUGE difference between a "suspicion" (which is why I did NOT "name names") and proof. You know that. Yet you continue this line of discussion, which is completely dishonest. I don't "name" until I am sure. As in the Rybka case, for one example...

Boring.

Try something new.
If anyone is boring it is you, Ed, Vas is banned for life and the only thing that might change that is a direct appeal from him.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

bob wrote:
marcelk wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Confirmed.

waiting...
Totally irrelevant. You said that "guts are rarely wrong in these cases" (fact), and you accused me of lying twice because I said you said "guts are good to detect clones". "good" == "rarely wrong". I believe that a person who think this way and declares it publicly is not fit for leading an investigation of this kind. And it was not just a phrase written carelessly with a bit of exaggeration. You stood by it and that is clear from the rest of the thread I linked.

Now you are trying to derail the whole thing discussing side issues and accusing who disagree with you of dishonesty.

Miguel
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Rebel wrote:
bob wrote:
marcelk wrote:
bob wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Confirmed.

waiting...

Boring.

Try something new.
If anyone is boring it is you, Ed, Vas is banned for life and the only thing that might change that is a direct appeal from him.
The thread, at this moment, is not about Vas.

Miguel
Harvey Williamson

At the moment? Who decides? You?

I decided Ed is boring so now the thread is about that. feel free to change it again.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Harvey Williamson wrote:At the moment? Who decides? You?

I decided Ed is boring so now the thread is about that. feel free to change it again.
No, I do not decide anything, I just read what the last post were about. It was just to let you know that you answered to Ed about something unrelated.

Miguel
Harvey Williamson

michiguel wrote:

No, I do not decide anything, I just read what the last post were about. It was just to let you know that you answered to Ed about something unrelated.

Miguel
yep, I decided to do what he does all the time.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Rebel wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: Rolf you pontificating hypocrite, Xuck Off!
Trying to close or move a thread Terry ?

Happened before.
Yes Ed, that's the plan just like before.... :roll: You people are so subjective you only see what you want to see. Maybe Peter will chime in lamenting over not banning me for life? You people really are pathetic.

Maybe you all need to wise up...just a thought.
Terry McCracken
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
michiguel wrote:

Miguel
yep, I decided to do what he does all the time.
Bob doesn't need your help.