Houdini 2 Aquarium released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Re: Houdini 2 Aquarium released

Post by Peter Skinner »

Houdini wrote:ChessOK has now released the Houdini 2 Aquarium product family, see http://chessok.com/?p=25808 .
It was a logical step to combine the best GUI (Aquarium) with the strongest engine (Houdini), Houdini Aquarium is the result.

The package includes Houdini 2.0b, this is an update to Houdini 2 containing some minor bug fixes and Nalimov EGTB support. This update will also be made available to all current Houdini 2 users, e-mails will be sent in the following week.

Houdini Aquarium is available at a (in my opinion) very attractive price, I know of no no other hobby in which you can obtain the world's best for so little money.

Cheers,
Robert
Well my post has little to do with posting a commercial advertisement, but has loads to do with my complete and utter disgust in the sale of Houdini _anywhere_.

In my opinion, you are nothing but a scam artist. You took an already strong engine, added "features" (I just added a feature to my toilet, but decided to flush it instead of selling it) and are now ripping people off.

Does the ChessOK sale give 10% to Unicef (Your lap dance fund) as well?

See, I'm being completely transparent in my disgust of you. No reason to hide it.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Damir wrote:You have my support, but can you please send me your engine, and than I will decide, whether or not, I will send you 50 $ or more. The more Airhead 1.0 updates you send to me, the bigger the chance for you is to get some money from me... :lol:
Well I can send you the engine if you are official tester of the ccrl or cegt or ssdf. The better the rating, the better the chance you will be provided with future updates :lol:
melajara

Post by melajara »

JuLieN wrote:...
- respecting the forum's readers by refraining yourself from using too emphasized lines (like: "this is the best product in the world" ...)
My two cents.
Except on the very rare occasion where there is no mismatch between blatant hyperbolic advertising and actual fact as Houdini 2 is indeed the best chess engine in the world :lol:

Now the competition is well aware of that fact and we are waiting for the next Komodo or even Critter to "refute" Robert :twisted:
Per ardua ad astra
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Peter Skinner wrote:Well my post has little to do with posting a commercial advertisement, but has loads to do with my complete and utter disgust in the sale of Houdini _anywhere_.

In my opinion, you are nothing but a scam artist. You took an already strong engine, added "features" (I just added a feature to my toilet, but decided to flush it instead of selling it) and are now ripping people off.

See, I'm being completely transparent in my disgust of you. No reason to hide it.

Peter
A Houdini thread wouldn't be the same without your enlightening interventions.
Feel free to express your uninformed opinions, after all, forums are the sewer of the Internet.

Cheers,
Robert
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Houdini wrote: A Houdini thread wouldn't be the same without your enlightening interventions.
Feel free to express your uninformed opinions, after all, forums are the sewer of the Internet.

Cheers,
Robert
Can you tell me why you haven't released your source code? It is based on other open source software is it not?

I forgot, you only took "ideas" from them and wrote every line of code from scratch. You in no way took RobboLitto, tweaked some values here and there, added "features", and now claim the entire code base as your own.

Silly me, and here I thought you were just some silly cloner duping the rest of the computer chess community, when you are in fact an originating author.

My apologies. How could I ever have doubted you...

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

LOL.
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Houdini wrote:LOL.
That couldn't have been a more appropriate response. Laughing all the way to the bank.
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Well my post has little to do with posting a commercial advertisement, but has loads to do with my complete and utter disgust in the sale of Houdini _anywhere_.
Peter
Peter Skinner has factual information about Houdini code that I do not have.
Your "ripping off" statement is not true. The addicts here will buy any program that has a price tag. If the 7th place program releases an update, it will sell even if it not stronger than the previous version.

Robert Houdart is the first programmer that had the knowledge and took the time to:
1. Tune Numa for multi socket for paying customers.
2. Purchase a multi socket system necessary to tune smp, minimum thread depth setting, maximum kns, etc.
3. Added features and code to surpass all programs strength to date.
4. Added both N and G egtb for customers choice.
5. Posts here often.
6. Quick to answer email.
7. Helped customers to understand parameter settings.
8 Price is lower than most smp programs.

The Houdini program is a big plus for my 12 thread multi socket system. I have enjoyed testing Numa and using the Houdini program.
Like I said I cannot read code and you Peter Skinner must have some information about Houdini that has not been posted here in detail or explained in detail why your attitude.
kgburcham
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Peter, I really hope the moderators of this forum will do you the favor of removing your posts in this thread, as they portray your character in a very unfavorable way.
On top of your rather disgraceful use of language, your interventions demonstrate that you haven't got a clue about Houdini.
Ralph Stoesser

Post by Ralph Stoesser »

I bought it today, but I got no download link back! :x

edit: Now I have recieved the dlink, 2.5 hours after paying. For a minute I thought I had clicked on the "buy Aquarium + Fern Pro Engine now" knob.;)
Last edited by Ralph Stoesser on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.