Logicial "open letter" consequence: SWCR ended!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ozymandias

Re: Logicial "open letter" consequence: SWCR ended

Post by Ozymandias »

Sorry to hear about that, do you plan on releasing the games from the last couple of weeks?
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Alex,

of course, Stefan is a honest programmer, others Don and Mark, others too. That isn't my point of view. It seems the signature from different honest programmers are useing for political reasons by a smaler group of other persons. I hope that this group of programmers will be thinking a bit about it. If not, this will be not my problem!

Please bring not all in one pot. I have try with my best english to explain my decision. In German language its more easy for me and I will do that soon.

Have a nice day!

Best
Frank
Some honest people didn't want to play vs. a cheater, and you ban the honest programmers from your tournaments for that.

SMK and others signed the letter, do you seriously think they where affected by "a smaller group"? Political? What are you talking about? They simply didn't want to congratulate a cheater.

Did you ever think about the money SMK lost because of a cheater? And now he shall smile and shakehands with him?

Frank, yes, have a nice day but calm down and think about it :)
Alex
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hello Alex,

what you wrote of my message is complete not interesting for myself. Can't understand your message, I think I gave the important information about my decision.

But if you like you can read this one:
http://forum.computerschach.de/cgi-bin/ ... l?tid=3975

My message from today:
2011-09-29 20:09

I think on my webpage is one sentence enough. So many vistors SWCR have, persons which don't read all this chess fora. I think I should not give more fire as I do in CSS Forum and TalkChess. Will not used my webpage for such topics.

I think my point of view should be clear.
Now I have to analyze two very interesting positions from Bright games.

Great engines, do you try out Bright or Spark?
Chess can be wounderful!

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hello Juan,

no, SWCR is closed!
Sorry!

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hello Ed,

do you know my plan for this evening after a hard and long day I had:

1. Two analyzes from Bright games
2. A game vs. my Milano!

Thanks for your message!

Have a nice evening!
Believe me, I will have it!

Best
Frank
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Note that you can always switch to doing tourneys for Gothic Chess or Spartan Chess. So far we have no cheaters there. Only honest programmers, who do not sign open letters. :lol:
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

hgm wrote:Note that you can always switch to doing tourneys for Gothic Chess or Spartan Chess. So far we have no cheaters there. Only honest programmers, who do not sign open letters. :lol:
An Open letter to Gothic and Spartan programmers:

Dear All,

Well done.

Regards,

All honest programmers.

:wink:
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi there,

under protest I have to closed my SWCR.

I have no fun to see programs from the "Open Letters Programmer" each day any longer on my systems. I am thinking a long time what can I do to create the logicial reaction from my site of view.

In the past I do so many things for my hobby computer chess and can't taken reponsibility to give further information to programs I can't longer support.

I have now a big hole in my list:

With:

1. Junior
2. Shredder
3. Hiarcs
4. Komodo
5. Spike
6. Sjeng
7. Crafty
8. Fruit

I have directly to delete 8 engines and all the predecessor versions. Furthermore, I can't start a live results mode without Shredder GUI, can't used an other GUI which support the networks tournaments options because no other GUI is available which support it.

After my information, a lot of other programmers don't support the open letter, nice to know (I know it).

In this case I have to organice a new rating list with an other GUI. So I have a lot to organize and this need time I don't have so far.

In the next days I will write to this topic a bit on my webpage. Over 2.600 different IPs I had in the last months. Many of my visitors will be sadly about it, but I come back with a new rating list idea (for the moment I think so).

Never I will support "burning witches" in computer chess, never I can support official lies against Cock de Corter, never I can support "Open Letters" vs. one of the best official computer chess events we have. Never, never, never!

Furthermore, the programmers of Shredder, Hiarcs, Junior, Sjeng lost a customer.

So many other nice chess engines are available, no problem for myself to organice a new list. I will have fun with computer chess in the next years without this group of 8 programs. Dir Open Letters programmers, enough interesting chess engines are available, over 500!

THANKS for your interest on SWCR. This was a lot of work for me.

Unfortunalety, my list must be closed after 2 years or I lost my interest.

Best
Frank

Hello Frank,

After reading your letter here is what I got from it:

(1) You are taking a position on an issue
(2) You are willing to take extreme measures, even withdrawal from something you enjoy, in order to make your point.
(3) You are expressing your disgust with a group whose actions you disagree with.
(4) You are ventilating it in a public forum to let everyone know exactly what you and why you did it.
(5) You are pondering alternatives in terms of software and engines.

On points one to five inclusive, you resemble that group of programmers you dislike very closely.

Yet one group is villified and you have even been applauded on your stand.

Seems odd.

Of course you are free to do what you will with your own time.

You just seem to have a harder time realising that others have that same freedom too.

Later.
Frank Quisinsky

Hello Roger,

just starting an interesting Morra Gambit vs. Milano.
Shortly:

You know that my English is ... Frankish!

But if you like you can read this one:
http://forum.computerschach.de/cgi-bin/ ... l?tid=3975

My message from today:
2011-09-29 20:09

Translate it.
My position is very clear and should be easy to understand (for German readers).

Best
Frank

Please not again in English!
21:40 German time, other things are more interesting as clones, Morra Gambit vs. Milano for an example!
Frank Quisinsky

Hi,

after all the FRC things I do in the past ... no, no chess is my topic.

But so far I have really a problem to find a good GUI for my chess activities. I will try out Winboard again and perhaps I start a new ratinglist with other engines, we have more as 500 ... no problem for myself, because I will have fun with my own work, each time, again and again.

Stockfish, Spark, Critter, Naum in combination with many other amateurs. Very interesting on Chiron so far.

Best
Frank