Code: Select all
depth nodes 1 64 2 3,612 3 953,632 4 248,188,772 5 64,518,625,428
- Negascout Search
Simple transposition table
Simple evaluation (material + piece-square tables)
1) In LMR, is the reductions recursive? I created a recursive LMR and it exponentially improved the speed, but killed the strength of the engine! It was missing many good moves.
2) Given the unique nature of the piece drops, what would be the safest "advanced feature" to add first. I think the game tree is "unstable" with the piece placements happening at any time (that's why my simple implementations are failing to strengthen the engine -- I think).
3) While the engine plays aggressively, it has a weakness with pawns as they are the lowest value. What could I do to improve play with pawns? In my variant, pawn are used for quick attack/defence, but also as a good strategy for trapping the king.
4) My eval is simple, what would be the next logical step after material and piece-square tables?
5) Any other suggestions or things I should keep in mind.
I can supply source code on request.