Chief Differences between CCC v OPEN

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: Chief Differences between CCC v OPEN

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:The Ippo links don't violate the charter even if thery're dubious in nature.

Legally they're fine. Ethics is a separate issue. You can't delete them or move them due to your personal feelings or principles.
I will delete them because the mods have been asked to disallow them.

Cheers,
Graham.
Mindless, completely mindless.
Terry McCracken
swami

Post by swami »

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:The Ippo links don't violate the charter even if thery're dubious in nature.

Legally they're fine. Ethics is a separate issue. You can't delete them or move them due to your personal feelings or principles.

Cheers,
Graham.

Hi Graham, ICD/ Your Move & Chess and company didn't specifically ask links to (IPPOLIT/Robbolito) to be deleted. They DIDN'T name _any_ engine. They just asked that the links to questionable software be deleted.

Based on this, I think Ippolit engines are not "questionable". (considering we have recent evidence from BB reports).

As Bob Hyatt/Steve B/Dann Corbit/Terry had ALWAYS pointed out, legally they're fine.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers,
Graham.

Hi Graham, ICD/ Your Move & Chess and company didn't specifically ask links to (IPPOLIT/Robbolito) to be deleted. They DIDN'T name _any_ engine. They just asked that the links to questionable software be deleted.

Based on this, I think Ippolit engines are not "questionable". (considering we have recent evidence from BB reports).

As Bob Hyatt/Steve B/Dann Corbit/Terry had ALWAYS pointed out, legally they're fine.
Posts from both yourself and Jeremy in the mods forum straight after this show clearly that you two also knew that they were talking specifically about these engines as you clearly stated so.
I will not quote from that forum because it's private, but at least when a new moderation team gets access to it, they'll be able to see everything in there.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
swami

Post by swami »

Graham Banks wrote:
swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers,
Graham.

Posts from both yourself and Jeremy in the mods forum straight after this show clearly that you two also knew that they were talking specifically about these engines as you clearly stated so.
I will not quote from that forum because it's private, but at least when a new moderation team gets access to it, they'll be able to see everything in there.

Cheers,
Graham.

just in case someone missed reading posts in the other thread....

Code: Select all

Ippolit engines are not questionable anymore (more strong evidence from BB reports) 

I have asked Jeremy to read this thread and asked him to comment since he's on a holiday. 

BB's report is universally accepted... but then again there are always select few that disagree with the report. Finally we have this report as evidence and the report is enough to prove to many people and atleast 2 moderators that the engine is not in _any_ way questionable. 

As for BB, I don't know who he is. I thought he was a good friend of Zach's and had communicated with Larry Kauffman. I have no doubt that he's genuine intelligent programmer.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

swami wrote:Ippolit engines are not questionable anymore (more strong evidence from BB reports)

I have asked Jeremy to read this thread and asked him to comment since he's on a holiday.

BB's report is universally accepted... but then again there are always select few that disagree with the report. Finally we have this report as evidence and the report is enough to prove to many people and atleast 2 moderators that the engine is not in _any_ way questionable.

As for BB, I don't know who he is. I thought he was a good friend of Zach's and had communicated with Larry Kauffman. I have no doubt that he's genuine intelligent programmer.
As I also mentioned, this report by an anonymous person isn't accepted by all.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
swami wrote:Ippolit engines are not questionable anymore (more strong evidence from BB reports)

Graham, do you ever think for yourself or is it you have your own baggage to blame?

I think it's the latter.
Terry McCracken
swami

Post by swami »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Graham, do you ever think for yourself or is it you have your own baggage to blame?

I think it's the latter.

I hope people can look into the content of the intelligent technical research report rather than anonymity/non-anonymity status of the scientist.
gerold

Post by gerold »

swami wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

I think it's the latter.

I hope people can look into the content of the intelligent technical research report rather than anonymity/non-anonymity status of the scientist.
What Scientist. Does he have degree in front of his name.
BB.

Best,
Gerold.
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You mean the laundry forum of Lenin lovers ? No thanks. Arena is nicer !

What is your TIc-Tac-Toe "engine" comming along ? I think I have found an Australian engine which beats it every time.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
BTO7

Post by BTO7 »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
BTO7 wrote:
Steve B wrote:I see two main differences..

1)CCC ..you need to register to read all Sub-Fora and to post anywhere

OPEN..you need to register to post anywhere but can read anything without registering

Conclusion ...OPEN is great for Unregistered Lurkers

2)CCC.The moderators are elected every six months by the membership
Open..Mods are appointed by the owner of the site who is also the Uber Mod

Conclusion..any hope that the general membership can have some input into their sites current and future direction
can be "checked" at the OPEN coat room door when you first walk in
please take your coat room ticket..please have a seat
thank you very much..

now ..
I ask you..
Which difference is tiny and which is huge??

Unregistered Lurkers vs Members Regards
Steve
LOL ....Lurkers??? Whats to hide is the whole point? Big difference. Then you add in something being censored for no FOUND reason...in fact just the opposite. Leaves a bad taste in ones mouth here. :shock:

Open Chess supports chess players....CCC supports commercial and sponsors...you figure out whats better.

BT
Leaves a bad taste there since.....26th May 2010?

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/profile. ... ile&u=5139

:)

If you say so.......
I've been coming here for just under a year but as a guest. When i wanted to know the different playing styles of different engines...there was no good information available. I knew a engine like junior is tactical and hiarcs was say more human like but what about all these free engines i wondered? This lead me to the conclusion that i needed to test for myself. Knowing the controversy i also thought it was a good time to test for myself and see the differences between engines and this controversy. Thus i had to actually join just over a month ago to read and hear all the talk here once i became much more interested in firebird at the time. I seen Norm getting kicked around by grahm and in general being censored. I joined then to see those moved threads and more of the discussion i pointed out a few sentences ago. So now im involved and yes its a shame grahms anal push for a engine to be censored with no back up and his interpretation of the rules which if you read up Robert Hyatt clearly pointed out that Ippo family is accepted and in light of the poll that over whelmnly show that over 8 in 10 feel they are legal is a clear case of the minority ruling the majority thus its BIASED then here based on that alone. Grahm seems to be the big keeper of the gate here otherwise i think things would be fine. Even with the mods grahm overruling both the other two mods on the issues and his persistent pushing of his agenda to the point they didnt want to fight with him is again the minority bullying the majority which was the whole purpose of have the big vote and 3 mods to start with and you dont need to be here long to get a whiff of whats going on around here. Other then that this is a decent place.

Regards
BT