New Houdini

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dann Corbit
Posts: 8662
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

New Houdini

Post by Dann Corbit » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 pm

1.02
YKWTFI

Werewolf
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: New Houdini

Post by Werewolf » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:51 pm

OK, well the changes are just bugfixes but this guy is something else. Great service for a free engine.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: New Houdini

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Werewolf wrote:OK, well the changes are just bugfixes but this guy is something else. Great service for a free engine.
Agreed....
no Houdini+ is planned regards,
Dr.D

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

swami
Posts: 6535
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:21 am

Re: New Houdini

Post by swami » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:13 am

Dann Corbit wrote:1.02
YKWTFI
Image

1000 Positions
10 seconds per position
Hardware: Q6600, 32 bits, 2 GB RAM, 2.4 GHZ. Arena 2.01 GUI.

Stephen Ham
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Re: New Houdini

Post by Stephen Ham » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:45 pm

swami wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1.02
YKWTFI
Image

1000 Positions
10 seconds per position
Hardware: Q6600, 32 bits, 2 GB RAM, 2.4 GHZ. Arena 2.01 GUI.
Hi Swami,

For comparison purposes, how do the original Houdini scores compare to version 1.02?

Thanks.
Steve

Edward German

Re: What are those strange discussions?

Post by Edward German » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:1.02
YKWTFI
We can write here that a new version of Houdini is released. cool. :))
We can write test results (Forum Tournaments and Matches). cool. :))
But, we can not write here, where to get the NEW Houdini! :((

Is this not a joke? :roll: I mean yes.

gerold
Posts: 10088
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: van buren,missouri

Re: What are those strange discussions?

Post by gerold » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Edward German wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1.02
YKWTFI
We can write here that a new version of Houdini is released. cool. :))
We can write test results (Forum Tournaments and Matches). cool. :))
But, we can not write here, where to get the NEW Houdini! :((

Is this not a joke? :roll: I mean yes.
I have Houdini 45+ stronger than any other w35 version.
Have you done a test vs. Rybka 4 with this engine.

Best,
Gerold.

yanquis1972
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: What are those strange discussions?

Post by yanquis1972 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:48 pm

it is currently being tested here: http://www.inwoba.de/index.html

gerold
Posts: 10088
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: van buren,missouri

Re: What are those strange discussions?

Post by gerold » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:54 pm

yanquis1972 wrote:it is currently being tested here: http://www.inwoba.de/index.html
Thanks John.

Best,
Gerold.

swami
Posts: 6535
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:21 am

Re: New Houdini

Post by swami » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 am

Stephen Ham wrote:
swami wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1.02
YKWTFI
Image

1000 Positions
10 seconds per position
Hardware: Q6600, 32 bits, 2 GB RAM, 2.4 GHZ. Arena 2.01 GUI.
Hi Swami,

For comparison purposes, how do the original Houdini scores compare to version 1.02?

Thanks.
Steve
Hi Steve,

I hadn't run the tests for the previous releases of Houdini, as I was busy with finishing up the tests on Division 5 engines as well as working on STS 11. I'm planning to do tests on some versions of Ivanhoe, Houdini, Firebird and Robbolito.

I will let you know once that is done.

Best Regards,
Swami

Post Reply