ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed May 19, 2010 12:21 pm

ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Dann Corbit
Posts: 9425
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed May 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
Thanks for your efforts. I like this GUI.

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
Thanks for your efforts. I like this GUI.
That truly surprises me, Dann :wink:

ChessGUI is good only for engine-engine tournaments offline, including swiss tournaments with thousands of engines.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1818
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by kranium » Wed May 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
Thanks for your efforts. I like this GUI.
That truly surprises me, Dann :wink:

ChessGUI is good only for engine-engine tournaments offline, including swiss tournaments with thousands of engines.

Matthias.
yes i like it too, it's clear you're pushing it.
every time i see it it's better and better...

but i still use Arena...(which i happen to very fond of and use to)

a humble suggestion (with great and all due respect)
please don't take this as any form of criticism...

improving the appearance would be really good i think...
take a look at chessbase...it's fantastic to look at,
a visual delight... are the bitmaps in higher resolution?

i'm quite sure that users consider the 'visual' aspect quite important...

anyway-
thanks much!

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm

kranium wrote:
yes i like it too, it's clear you're pushing it.
every time i see it it's better and better...

but i still use Arena...(which i happen to very fond of and use to)

a humble suggestion (with great and all due respect)
please don't take this as any form of criticism...

improving the appearance would be really good i think...
take a look at chessbase...it's fantastic to look at,
a visual delight... are the bitmaps in higher resolution?

i'm quite sure that users consider the 'visual' aspect quite important...

anyway-
thanks much!
People can easily change all colours in ChessGUI, except one.
I am too colour-blind to add more colours now :(

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Elorejano
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:31 am

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Elorejano » Thu May 20, 2010 3:58 am

Hi Mathias!
The borrow main book problem are not fixed.
Thanks for your nice Gui

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 20, 2010 5:08 am

Elorejano wrote:Hi Mathias!
The borrow main book problem are not fixed.
Thanks for your nice Gui
Yes :(
I will look at that next.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Elorejano wrote:Hi Mathias!
The borrow main book problem are not fixed.
Thanks for your nice Gui
ChessGUI.exe only.

http://www.hugedrive.com/published/WG/s ... =-fcb02b51

Now even first move is played from borrowed main book.
In ChessGUI, engines that have no own books can borrow a book from GUI.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

kingliveson

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by kingliveson » Thu May 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
How nice it would be to have this gui under Linux. I know am being greedy.

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.181 is out there.

- UCI output was broken in 0.180. Fixed !
- Elo values now editable.

Matthias.
How nice it would be to have this gui under Linux. I know am being greedy.
If it grows up to be a feature-rich GUI, I may rewrite it to run on Linux also :wink: .

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Post Reply