TalkChess is Dangerous

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: TalkChess is Dangerous

Post by Steve B »

kingliveson wrote:
Steve B wrote:
interesting in that he walked out because we would not allow him to make disparaging remarks about people from a certain nationality

i dont think we need new members like that here
Steve
I don't think he left because of you Steve.
Frayer wrote: After receiving several intimidating communications like this, I ask Steve B. a moderator here at TalkChess to please delete my account as well as my post for reasons of my personal security.
Well you can tell him for me he is WELCOME to come back as long as he reads and abides by our charter
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

i mentioned the charter to him in several PM's we had together
he seemed to feel that we were exhibiting censorship in not allowing remarks about certain nationalities
i read his web site and i found it very interesting and we both share the 30+ years interest in the CC hobby
as far as receiving threatening emails
believe me Franklin when i tell you...being a mod here for the past 12 months i have received emails that would make your hair turn on end
i have been called so many foul names that i forget to answer to my real name anymore
and thats just from my friends here
:P

Steve
Graham Banks

Re: TalkChess is Dangerous

Post by Graham Banks »

kingliveson wrote: I don't think he left because of you Steve.
Nor do I necessarily.
I'm referring to the poisonous atmosphere being created by the Rybka inquisition. Steve doesn't have much power to stop that even if he wanted to.
gbanksnz at gmail.com