* Consists of carefully selected 100 questionairres on Square Vacancy
* All of the questions in this test suite are selected by me and thoroughly verified by Dann Corbitt. Each question has been analysed by top engines for hours. I initially selected about 200 problems and sent them to Dann, of which 100 has passed criteria. Dann then made the final selection.
* All the answers carry similar traits:
- (1) Occupying the vacant square near the opponent's territory to create more pressure in surrounding areas.
(2) Taking complete control of the vacant square in an attempt to gain more space over the board
(3) Queen is the piece that creates more pressure if it's placed on a vacant square in opponent's camp. Therefore, a lot of these tests are usually a Queen move
http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... re-vacancy
Feel free to report the results from your engine/ favourite engine, suggestions are welcome.
Special Thanks to Pedro Castro, Allard Siemelink, Zach Wegner for the testing and correcting mistakes throughout the process. Thanks to those who reported bugs and tested out the V1.0, V2.0 and V3.0.
Test Suite Release time: 14th of July, 2009
Swaminathan and Dann Corbit.