ChessGUI 0.104

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:33 pm

ChessGUI 0.104

To update from ChessGUI 0.103, just overwrite ChessGUI.exe and then for each tournament that uses ChessGUI remis book,
- go to tournament setup window
- click on "ChessGUI remis book ..."
- click on "Count Booklines"
- click on "OK" to exit from ChessGUI remis book window.

ChessGUI 0.104 solves the problem of too long booklines in the ChessGUI remis book created by Harry Schnapp. Thanks, Harry :)

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Har
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Har » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.104

To update from ChessGUI 0.103, just overwrite ChessGUI.exe and then for each tournament that uses ChessGUI remis book,
- go to tournament setup window
- click on "ChessGUI remis book ..."
- click on "Count Booklines"
- click on "OK" to exit from ChessGUI remis book window.

ChessGUI 0.104 solves the problem of too long booklines in the ChessGUI remis book created by Harry Schnapp. Thanks, Harry :)

Matthias.
My book for your ChessGUI contains ONLY lines with
MAXIMUM 12 opening moves !!
Mystery :?:

Best,
Harry

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 am

Har wrote: My book for your ChessGUI contains ONLY lines with
MAXIMUM 12 opening moves !!
Mystery :?:

Best,
Harry

Hi Harry,
your book has 62303 lines, is 23.8 MB (25.026.604 bytes) big.
Here is line 3:

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 c5 4. exd5 exd5 5. Bb5 Bd7 6. Bxd7 Nxd7 7. Ne2 Bd6 8. O-O Ne7 9. Nf3 c4 10. Bf4 Qc7 11. Qd2 O-O 12. Rfe1 Rfe8 13. Bxd6 Qxd6 14. Ng3 Nc6 15. Qg5 Ne7 16. Re2 h6 17. Qe3 Ng6 18. Qxe8 Rxe8 19. Rxe8 Kh7 20. a3 Nf6 21. Re3 Ng4 22. Rc3 Qf4 23. h3 Nf6 24. Re3 Ne4 25. Nxe4 dxe4 26. Nd2 f5 27. Rae1 Qg5 28. g3 b5 29. Kh2 Ne7 30. c3 Nd5 31. R3e2 a6 32. Nf1 Nb6 33. Ne3 Qh5 34. d5 Qf3 35. Rd2 f4 36. gxf4 Qxf4 37. Kg2 Nd7 38. Rh1 Ne5 39. h4 Qf3 40. Kg1 Ng4 41. Nxg4 Qxg4 42. Kf1 e3 43. Re2 exf2 44. Kxf2 1/2-1/2

Some lines are much longer.
Can you or any other person confirm it ?

Regards,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Har
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Har » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:44 am

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Har wrote: My book for your ChessGUI contains ONLY lines with
MAXIMUM 12 opening moves !!
Mystery :?:

Best,
Harry

Hi Harry,
your book has 62303 lines, is 23.8 MB (25.026.604 bytes) big.
Here is line 3:

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 c5 4. exd5 exd5 5. Bb5 Bd7 6. Bxd7 Nxd7 7. Ne2 Bd6 8. O-O Ne7 9. Nf3 c4 10. Bf4 Qc7 11. Qd2 O-O 12. Rfe1 Rfe8 13. Bxd6 Qxd6 14. Ng3 Nc6 15. Qg5 Ne7 16. Re2 h6 17. Qe3 Ng6 18. Qxe8 Rxe8 19. Rxe8 Kh7 20. a3 Nf6 21. Re3 Ng4 22. Rc3 Qf4 23. h3 Nf6 24. Re3 Ne4 25. Nxe4 dxe4 26. Nd2 f5 27. Rae1 Qg5 28. g3 b5 29. Kh2 Ne7 30. c3 Nd5 31. R3e2 a6 32. Nf1 Nb6 33. Ne3 Qh5 34. d5 Qf3 35. Rd2 f4 36. gxf4 Qxf4 37. Kg2 Nd7 38. Rh1 Ne5 39. h4 Qf3 40. Kg1 Ng4 41. Nxg4 Qxg4 42. Kf1 e3 43. Re2 exf2 44. Kxf2 1/2-1/2

Some lines are much longer.
Can you or any other person confirm it ?

Regards,
Matthias.
Hi Matthias,
In Options2 < GUI Remis Book: if you entered Book Moves 12 then
appear invariably only 12 moves!.
About your example with line 3 : he comes if a high number is entered
in "Book Moves".
I have imported in your GUI from a database up to 24 halfmoves.
If in some lines are more moves infiltrated then the import in the GUI
works no exactly.
Regards,
Harry

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 am

Har wrote: Hi Matthias,
In Options2 < GUI Remis Book: if you entered Book Moves 12 then
appear invariably only 12 moves!.
About your example with line 3 : he comes if a high number is entered
in "Book Moves".
I have imported in your GUI from a database up to 24 halfmoves.
If in some lines are more moves infiltrated then the import in the GUI
works no exactly.
Regards,
Harry

The ChessGUI version you used to import booklines from pgn was not truncating long lines.
The ChessGUI 0.104 does it right.
My warnings about ChessGUI 0.103 and long booklines remains valid.
Graham beware !

Regards,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote: The ChessGUI version you used to import booklines from pgn was not truncating long lines.
The ChessGUI 0.104 does it right.
My warnings about ChessGUI 0.103 and long booklines remains valid.
Graham beware !

Regards,
Matthias.

I have truncated Harry's ChessGUI book to 15 moves (30 plys).
My total web space is 10 MB so I cannot host. Who can host it ?
Size is 2.3 MB zip or 1.3 MB rar to be sent by email.

Best,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32237
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Graham Banks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote: The ChessGUI version you used to import booklines from pgn was not truncating long lines.
The ChessGUI 0.104 does it right.
My warnings about ChessGUI 0.103 and long booklines remains valid.
Graham beware !

Regards,
Matthias.

I have truncated Harry's ChessGUI book to 15 moves (30 plys).
My total web space is 10 MB so I cannot host. Who can host it ?
Size is 2.3 MB zip or 1.3 MB rar to be sent by email.

Best,
Matthias.
If Harry's happy with these changes, CCRL will host it.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

User avatar
beachknight
Posts: 3533
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Antalya, Turkey
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by beachknight » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi,

I want ECO, BlackELO and WhiteELO tags
included in pgn record. Is it possible to do
or will be in future versions?

TIA,

best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT

Har
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Har » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Graham Banks wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote: The ChessGUI version you used to import booklines from pgn was not truncating long lines.
The ChessGUI 0.104 does it right.
My warnings about ChessGUI 0.103 and long booklines remains valid.
Graham beware !

Regards,
Matthias.

I have truncated Harry's ChessGUI book to 15 moves (30 plys).
My total web space is 10 MB so I cannot host. Who can host it ?
Size is 2.3 MB zip or 1.3 MB rar to be sent by email.

Best,
Matthias.
If Harry's happy with these changes, CCRL will host it.
Yes,OK :)

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: ChessGUI 0.104

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 pm

beachknight wrote:Hi,

I want ECO, BlackELO and WhiteELO tags
included in pgn record. Is it possible to do
or will be in future versions?

TIA,

best,

Elo tags shall be included.
When I shall know how to detect ECO, it shall be included.

Best,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Post Reply