Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Brenner

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by Frank Brenner »

>>BSG has the function Analyse on the fly (menu -> File -> Game Analysis), users can make moves manually and freely, engines compute in the >>background. BSG can analyze with multi-engines too.

Thank you for the explanations.

Anyway, in addition to the "on the fly analysis" I would like to propose a "not-on-the-fly" analysis mode.
In this mode the analysis should not be done automatically along all moves, but the focus is on a fixed position - either a singular position or any position from a game.
There should be the possibility to calculate single or multiple engines at one position with start and stop buttons and the possibility to reload engines or clear the hash tables etc....
This feature should serve to examine several engines manually on their analysis strength.
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

F.Huber wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:08 pm
mephisto wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:39 am I have managed to load individual old chess computer ROM engines from the CB-Emu package but is there a way to load more than one ROM engine at the same time?
No, the ROM files are no Windows executables, you have to call 'MessChess.exe' with the 'engine' name as parameter.
This can be done by a batch file (engine.bat), but BanksiaGUI does NOT support BAT files with the feature "Add Engine - All engines in the main folder", a BAT file works only for adding 'One' engine.

I've explained a trick for making installation of CB-Emu engines much easier in the BanksiaGUI on our Schachcomputer.info forum especially for you - look here:
https://www.schachcomputer.info/forum/s ... stcount=10

Franz
Banksia Bat file support seems to be operational now....I did try this a few months ago with bat files not being recognized
now recognized in one of the latest versions...Bat file chess engines tested and working...Pirarucu (all) Detroid...Karballo Java
Chess22k...Olithink (WB Java).. Kasparov Chess..Deep Brute Pos v2.1...Bat file java engines not working (so far) Fischerle Chess engines (all) Cuckoochess ...Mediocre Chess :) :wink:
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

Modern Times wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:20 am OK... is that your cat ?
Do you mean my avatar's photo? Yes! Unfortunately, he doesn't like BanksiaGUI. Whenever I start working with BSG I have to solve his problem first :D

https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Thanks a lot for the requests/suggestions!
Steppenwolf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 am Feature Request:
-Please add the possibility to import chessbase opening books (.ctg) as well as their database (.cbh)
-Please add an auto analysis tool with a graphical Output (Histogramm line) where the centipawn value versus the move number of the game is displayed
(I saw such a feature in the Nibbler and in the Liground GUI)

Thanks in Advance! :D
Can you explain to me more about Histogramm line? What does it differ from BSG's Score graph? Thanks
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Nordlandia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:57 pm 7 out of 1511 WDL bases did not pass.

All is downloaded from Sesse Website.

How can i recheck those further ?

Could you try:
- Check by tbcheck (this app comes with Syzygy generator), e.g., run: tbcheck KBNPvKRP.wdl KQPPvKQP.wdl
- Do checksums with any external programs (SHA)
- Re-download them from Bojun Guo 's ftp (ftp://ftp.chessdb.cn/pub/syzygy). You may try the smallest first then others.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

phhnguyen wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 am
Modern Times wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:20 am OK... is that your cat ?
Do you mean my avatar's photo? Yes! Unfortunately, he doesn't like BanksiaGUI. Whenever I start working with BSG I have to solve his problem first :D
He just wants to help :)
phhnguyen

Re:

Post by phhnguyen »

huanhuan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:41 am This one issue is still not resolved.

Suppose I have 5 opening lines (A, B, C, D, and F). Then I will run a tournament with a total of 10 games (swap sides: ticked). This means that 1 opening will be played 2 times.

Now, I want all of the openings to be played but in random order.

So what might happen is:
games 1 & 2 play the opening C
games 3 & 4 play the opening F
games 5 & 6 play the opening A
games 7 & 8 play the opening D
games 9 & 10 play the opening B

In reality, there is no such option at BSG. I've tried these various features (http://prntscr.com/1183lmb), but what happened is, there are always one or more opening lines that are played more than 2 times.

What is expected to happen is like in the example above, but what happens at BSG is something like this:

games 1 & 2 play the opening C
games 3 & 4 play the opening F
games 5 & 6 play the opening F
games 7 & 8 play the opening D
games 9 & 10 play the opening C

There are 2 opening lines that are played more than 2 times, while there are two opening lines (A and B) that are not played at all.

This is not the meaning of random. Random does not mean that it is completely random and has no rules. Random still has rules, that is, "one opening line can only be played more than 2 times if all existing openings have been played".
Thanks a lot for the report. I have been working on that issue.
Steppenwolf
Full name: Sven Steppenwolf

Post by Steppenwolf »

phhnguyen wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 am Thanks a lot for the requests/suggestions!
Steppenwolf wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 am Feature Request:
-Please add the possibility to import chessbase opening books (.ctg) as well as their database (.cbh)
-Please add an auto analysis tool with a graphical Output (Histogramm line) where the centipawn value versus the move number of the game is displayed
(I saw such a feature in the Nibbler and in the Liground GUI)

Thanks in Advance! :D
Can you explain to me more about Histogramm line? What does it differ from BSG's Score graph? Thanks
Ok, I See that there is is such a Feature...does it work automatically backwards to use for games analysis?
Nevertheless, I would like to See the Feature with importing the chessbase databases to be implemented. That would be an outstanding key Feature -:)
Thanks again and keep going on with your nice GUI!
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

Wow! Just noticed that you have updated BanksiaGUI !!!

Thank you, testing it on Mac mini M1 right now :)

CROSSTABLES PERFECTS!

Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum: https://shorturl.at/bpvI1
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

I left my secondary machine 5930K at 4.5GHz 6-core using all threads to verify checksum on 7-pieces. I discovered in the morning that the computer frooze midway. Is this a major bug or something related to the storage containing all the egtb files ?

Running checksum for all 7-pieces may take about a day on my hardware +/-

I had to restart by using my main machine.

I see i can adjust how many cores for the task but task manager only show low cpu usage despite being given all available cores.