Dragon by Komodo Chess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: Dragon by Komodo Chess

Post by lkaufman »

MikeB wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:46 am Larry,

I saw in the notes, you will have a K14 for the Android soon, any chance of seeing a Dragon for the Android?

MikeB
I haven't talked to our Android guy about this yet. I don't think it will happen soon.
Komodo rules!
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Any news on a Komodo for iOS?
Mars
Full name: Martin Luzian

Post by Mars »

Speaking of SF NN: Comparing the two in their playing styles, can someone pls shed some light on the differences? Assuming Dragon being trained on an own, presumably handcrafted collection of games, does it play more positionally sound in quiet/equal positions than SF? Potentially at the cost of a slightly weaker search? Any opinions regarding their respective playing strengths and weaknesses, compared to each other?
Thx, Martin
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I would like to see penguin against Komodo at Bullet. It would be great !
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

JJJ wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 pm I would like to see penguin against Komodo at Bullet. It would be great !
What would you think would be a fair match? Knight odds at 1' + 1" perhaps?
Komodo rules!
Marcus9
Full name: Marco Giorgio

Post by Marcus9 »

lkaufman wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:55 pm
JJJ wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 pm I would like to see penguin against Komodo at Bullet. It would be great !
I think it would be great, very interesting if many games were played in order to have a clearer view of the result and to get Andrew used the odds at best
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

I can arrange a match Jorge Samour versus Komodo Dragon by paying him $45.00 if he wins and $15.00 if he draw. All that I need is your latest version of Komodo Dragon to be email to my email which I would provide if you want the match of 5 games. Knight odds :roll:

This is my latest system which should be fast enough to beat Jorge Sammour ==> https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/de ... 9b28430780
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I think it would be nice. I think So already player at Knight handicap against Stockfish some years ago at 1 min and lost badly :

lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

JJJ wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:18 am
I think it would be nice. I think So already player at Knight handicap against Stockfish some years ago at 1 min and lost badly :

Of course no human has much chance against Dragon with knight odds at one minute without increment, the one second inc makes all the difference. Also I note that in the three games of SF vs So, Wesley never played the obviously correct reply 1...d5! to 1e4 when the b1 knight is missing, he probably didn't even look at knight odds before the games. In fact 1.e4 is just a bad move for White unless Black is forbidden to reply 1...d5. That's a big problem with knight odds. I suspect that many of Morphy's opponents either played with the restriction of answering 1e4 with 1...e5 or else did so on grounds of sportsmanship. We would either have to alternate knights and just avoid 1e4 when b1 is off, or add the 1e4 e5 restriction.
Komodo rules!
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Chessqueen wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:22 am
I can arrange a match Jorge Samour versus Komodo Dragon by paying him $45.00 if he wins and $15.00 if he draw. All that I need is your latest version of Komodo Dragon to be email to my email which I would provide if you want the match of 5 games. Knight odds :roll:

This is my latest system which should be fast enough to beat Jorge Sammour ==> https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/de ... 9b28430780
Or here's an alternative which doesn't involve your little scam (do you also go for Scholar's mate in the opening? :roll: )...

...here it is....wait for it...

...the match is played on chess.com...like all the others! :lol: