CoronaVirusChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

CoronaVirusChess

Post by Harvey Williamson »

chrisw wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:04 am
Hi Charles,

May I enter with CoronaVirusChess, please.
Great name for a Chess engine. It deserves to win this year!
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: 14th ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Post by Paloma »

Not Hiarcs15 ? :)
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Harvey Williamson wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:30 pm
Hi Charles,

Yes, it could kill 6% of its competition and put the rest in the ICU. :D
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

CRoberson wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:20 pm
Hi Charles,

Nah... just expose the source code to plenty of sunlight.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Albert Silver wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:41 pm
Hi Charles,

This might be a challenge in various areas in Europe 'midst November.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Hi Charles,

You just withdraw the implied wrongdoing right now, little piece of shit. 24 hours, else the entry is withdrawn.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

chrisw wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:31 pm
Hi Charles,

You just withdraw the implied wrongdoing right now, little piece of shit. 24 hours, else the entry is withdrawn.
Are you on drugs? For your information it was a clear swipe at Trump, and his absurd idea that one can kill Covid by exposing our innards to UV. I will assume you read about that one. The weak joke being that the antidote to preventing your CVC engine from killing 6% of the competition, and placing the rest in ICU is to expose its innards (or source code in its case) to sunlight.

I need to add that it boggles my mind I need to explain this in such detail. I also, and I mean this with the utmost sincerity, have no idea what implied wrongdoing you have in mind, other than you went bananas at the idea.

Addendum: I was also genuinely delighted to see your entry and am curious to see it in play regardless of results.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Albert Silver wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi Charles,

Are you on drugs? For your information it was a clear swipe at Trump, and his absurd idea that one can kill Covid by exposing our innards to UV. I will assume you read about that one. The weak joke being that the antidote to preventing your CVC engine from killing 6% of the competition, and placing the rest in ICU is to expose its innards (or source code in its case) to sunlight.

I need to add that it boggles my mind I need to explain this in such detail. I also, and I mean this with the utmost sincerity, have no idea what implied wrongdoing you have in mind, other than you went bananas at the idea.

Addendum: I was also genuinely delighted to see your entry and am curious to see it in play regardless of results.
Not good enough. A full apology and complete withdrawal of implied wrongdoing and allegations about source code with additional apology and withdrawal of the above additional slurs and rudeness, right now. I do not have to, nor will I, put up with gossipy slurs from little creeps operating within dysfunctional CCC with nothing better to do than hurl dirt. 24 hours else the completely private entry is withdrawn from the tournament.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

chrisw wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Albert Silver wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi Charles,

Not good enough. A full apology and complete withdrawal of implied wrongdoing and allegations about source code with additional apology and withdrawal of the above additional slurs and rudeness, right now. I do not have to, nor will I, put up with gossipy slurs from little creeps operating within dysfunctional CCC with nothing better to do than hurl dirt. 24 hours else the completely private entry is withdrawn from the tournament.
Chris, with all due respect, that is all you are going to get since I still have no idea what you are talking about.

To withdraw something I would need to know what I am withdrawing, and to apologize I would need to at least have an inkling what you think I said. Except, and I am now on my second coffee already, I simply have no clue. None. Whatever 'gossipy slur' or 'dirt' you think was stated, or might have been stated, is as yet only in your mind, because as much as I try (maybe I need a stronger espresso brand) I cannot fathom what it might be.

The best you will get from this self-inflicted fit of yours is that nothing in my post was aimed at you, nor was anything negative regarding you or your work ever construed in even the darkest recesses of my mind.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Albert Silver wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:10 pm Chris, with all due respect, that is all you are going to get since I still have no idea what you are talking about.

To withdraw something I would need to know what I am withdrawing, and to apologize I would need to at least have an inkling what you think I said. Except, and I am now on my second coffee already, I simply have no clue. None. Whatever 'gossipy slur' or 'dirt' you think was stated, or might have been stated, is as yet only in your mind, because as much as I try (maybe I need a stronger espresso brand) I cannot fathom what it might be.

The best you will get from this self-inflicted fit of yours is that nothing in my post was aimed at you, nor was anything negative regarding you or your work ever construed in even the darkest recesses of my mind.
I suspect Chris is just looking for an excuse to pull out.