Stockfish NN release (NNUE)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ChickenLogic
Full name: kek w

Re: Stockfish NN release (NNUE)

Post by ChickenLogic »

It is now easily possible to use any pgn as training data! First, use this pgn-extract command: pgn-extract: pgn-extract --fencomments -Wlalg --nochecks --nomovenumbers --noresults -w500000 -N -V -o output_file_name input_file_name

and then: learn convert_bin_from_pgn-extract output_file_name output_file_name input_file_name

Use this binary (bmi2) with the latest commit from nodchip/ttak (current release doesn't have that change last time I checked): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ev_blas.7z
matejst
Full name: Boban Stanojević

Post by matejst »

Guys, I just want to thank you for this interesting project! I think it is the right way to go in engines' development.
SheikhYerbouti

Post by SheikhYerbouti »

There's a guy on Leela Discord who generated 1 million Stockfish v Leela games for NN training. So these too could be used for NNUE and maybe produce a better result than using SF games or leela games alone.
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

where is the discord link ?
kranium

Post by kranium »

Is that the one you want?
https://discord.com/channels/4359437104 ... 6266188890

It's for Stockfish-NNUE (not Leela)
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

yes thats it thx
matejst

Post by matejst »

Norm,

You uploaded popc binaries on the 26th, 27th and 29th of this month. But something is strange: the binaries from the 27th are three times faster than the binaries from the other days on my laptop.
kranium

Post by kranium »

matejst wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 am Norm,

You uploaded popc binaries on the 26th, 27th and 29th of this month. But something is strange: the binaries from the 27th are three times faster than the binaries from the other days on my laptop.
yes, strange..

If you're using bench
I believe I did read somewhere (nnue discord?) from the author, that bench is not reliable/functional in this implementation.

I'll try to verify.

Thanks Boban
kranium

Post by kranium »

matejst wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 am Norm,

Thanks, I found the issue.
I'll upload new binaries soon.
matejst

Post by matejst »

Norm, I am not using bench: you know that it is too complicated for me. I was surprised when I noticed a surge in performance with the new binaries, two days ago -- on my old AMD A8, SF is achieves 550kn/s, the binaries from the 26th were ten times slower, about 53kn/s, and those of the 27th were achieving 155 kn/s. The new one are slower again. I also checked the number of positions after one mn, the depth, and it seems coherent with the nodes's count. Anyway, thank you for the popcount binaries -- it allowed me to finally try this new engine. It is similar to Winter, and recently Jonathan tried with two NN for the eval. I see a lot of intriguing, new possibilities arising.