Can nobody compile Roden IV?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

xr_a_y

Re: Can nobody compile Roden IV?

Post by xr_a_y »

odyn1982 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Code: Select all

Rodent IV 022 32-bit/CLANG 9.0.8(https://android.googlesource.com/toolchain/llvm-project 207d7abc1a2abf3ef8d4301736d6a7ebc224a290)
and Lichess mobile app has a problem with this.
Also: is this a 64 bit build?
No 32 bit as written in the very long name. I can limit this string length but I don't really want to do this kind of things, this is an author choice, I'm just compiling the engine here. Maybe Pawel will read this post and release android binaries soon ?
PK

Post by PK »

Hi,

unfortunately I have never been able to compile Rodent for Android, and it has not magically changed after I stopped working on it.
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

PK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 am Hi,

unfortunately I have never been able to compile Rodent for Android, and it has not magically changed after I stopped working on it.
I described sooner on this post the procedure how I did it successfully I you want to have a look.
What I don't want is to apply changes to the source code by myself without you knowing what is changed and then give android executable to users.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: Can nobody compile Roden IV

Post by BrendanJNorman »

PeterO wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:59 am Right Brendan,

Its a pitty because of your GREAT engine personalties you composed!!
But Rodent IV is MUCH better than Rodent III because you can chose the personality AND set the elo strengh!
Because of this you can create a Karpov Personality that plays at full strengh - or set the elo to elo 1800 and play „Little Karpov“ :D

Because of this reasons:
1. Chosing between ENDLESS personalities
2. Easy possibility to create a new personality
3. Setting the elo to the strengh you want
4. With Aart Biks PHANTASTIC app I can play on a big wooden Board (Millenium Chess Genius Exclusive).

This engine is PERFECT for self-player!!

Brendan I LOVE you work very much! Your „Grandmaster in a box“ idea is great. Will you create some new BABIES for RODENT IV?

Peter
Thanks Peter, I'm glad you share my passion for Pawel's work.

If I didn't need to work, I'm afraid I'd spend FAAAR too much of my life on this stuff. :lol:

I simply love the endless possibilities for replicating historical GMs and pushing it closer and closer to an uncanny human-like play.

Sadly, both Pawel and I are pretty busy these days, but we ARE working on something exciting as a side project.

Stay tuned for that.
Ovyron

Re: Can nobody compile Roden IV

Post by Ovyron »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:54 am I simply love the endless possibilities for replicating historical GMs and pushing it closer and closer to an uncanny human-like play.
I'd still like to see proof of that :) Positions where the GM plays some very unique moves that the engine replicates, with examples.

The turing test has been passed (I can't tell the difference between a real Karpov and Rodent Karpov game) so I think this would be the next step.
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Brendan,

„ something exciting as a side project.“

That sounds VERY interesting! Can you tell us a LIITLE BIT about it?

Peter
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

abik wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 pm Much better. Nice 32-bit compile. Thanks!
I also compile Minic

https://github.com/tryingsomestuff/Mini ... 46_android

but when used in chess for android it plays some move and then I see "engine resing"

I don't know how to debug this, is there log available somewhere when running chess for android, can you help me with this please ?

Regards
Fuddur

Post by Fuddur »

Minic for Android working nice in my Realme 5pro device on 'Chess for Android'.
Minic Arm8 would be much better and stronger.
Thanks!
Thanks
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Post by abik »

xr_a_y wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 am but when used in chess for android it plays some move and then I see "engine resing"
I don't know how to debug this, is there log available somewhere when running chess for android, can you help me with this please ?
Do you mean "resign"? If this happens during a tournament, have a look at the saved PGN games. They contain more logging information on why the engine resigned (sometimes it is arbitration due to a illegal move). The engine works fine for me with some simple testing, but I will run a small tournament and see what happens.
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Post by abik »

abik wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:10 pmThe engine works fine for me with some simple testing, but I will run a small tournament and see what happens.
Even with some more testing, minic runs fine for me in Chess for Android. If you see specific issues, please send me more details.