Soon a new Fruit/Toga derivative

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

De Noose Daniel

Soon a new Fruit/Toga derivative

Post by De Noose Daniel »

Hi everybody,

I'm actually working on modifying Toga II to be a "sparring partner".

To do that I'm making some tests now but I think I'm near a correct elo decreasing formula without decrease the calculated nodes or slow down the engine.

As an example, The 2500 plays against 2200,2300,2400,2600,2700,2800 (+/- 300 elo).

Here are partial results calculated with bayeselo :

What do you think about this ?
De Noose Daniel

Re: Soon a new Fruit/Toga derivative

Post by De Noose Daniel »

After a little bit more games, it seems that the formula is ok...

But the test continues .

The idea of this formula is to do like a human. Usually good players don't see deeper moves than not so good players ... They just make less misevaluations and give less often a gift. A "not so good" player can sometimes play an entire game without a mistake.

It's the same here.

I had a bit randomness in making blunders or evaluating a position.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: Soon a new Fruit/Toga derivative

Post by BrendanJNorman »

De Noose Daniel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 pm After a little bit more games, it seems that the formula is ok...

But the test continues .

The idea of this formula is to do like a human. Usually good players don't see deeper moves than not so good players ... They just make less misevaluations and give less often a gift. A "not so good" player can sometimes play an entire game without a mistake.

It's the same here.

I had a bit randomness in making blunders or evaluating a position.
Sounds good. I'm definitely into such things. Please let us know when a download is available to try out.