Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ponti

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by Ponti »

Can I add a human player in a tournament ?
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

Ponti wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:46 am Can I add a human player in a tournament ?
Very interesting idea!!!

However, at the moment we can't.

If you want to vs an engine, just open a normal game, set (menu File -> Game setup) one side to human (you) and the other side to an engine.
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

It would be nice, if someone else with Win7-64 would test syzygy adjudication respectively, if Banksia will crash if such a position is reached.

Thanks for the help.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
supersharp77

Re: Banksia GUI released..A Few Issues

Post by supersharp77 »

First Banksia 0.5 was downloaded and it had some problems.....Pure Winboard engines not working...chess piece resizing and lack of a adjudication button for the tourney games...lack of a tourney crosstable (full size or resized) to follow the game results...A the time of the release of version 0.7 I had around 140 engines loaded but was unable to complete any tournaments at all to the present date.......My Swiss tourneys stopped after 1 round.....and the KO tourney I was running stopped after 1 round because GUI had trouble running the tiebreaks for a few of the matches and stopped after 1 round with 128 engine in the tourney....So indeed this GUI has some issues......also many engines don't seem to run or load properly.....and some engines crash for some unexplained reasons before the matches.....Dunno....I guess best is to wait until all the bugs are sorted out.....AR :) :wink: :|

ps: One good thing is that when Banksia 0.5 was removed and Banksia 0.7 added to the folder...it seemed to read the prior engine list and settings without any problems.but I don't know why..perhaps there is a engines settings folder somewhere in my documents that Banksia 0.7 picked up from v0.5...
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Thanks a lot for the report, supersharp!

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm First Banksia 0.5 was downloaded and it had some problems.....Pure Winboard engines not working...
Do you mean Winboard protocol version 1? BSG doesn't support WB ver 1, only ver 2. Sorry.
supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm chess piece resizing
Can you tell me more? You don't like that feature? BTW, you can turn it (auto-resizing) off: go to Settings->Graphics and untick "Auto resize board".
supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm and lack of a adjudication button for the tourney games...
When creating a tournament, you can find Adjudication box (near the bottom of the dialog window). At the moment, users can turn on/off, adjudicate games by length (set 0 if you want to ignore) and by probing Syzygy.

If you need different functions, tell me :)

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm lack of a tourney crosstable (full size or resized) to follow the game results...
From version 0.8 BSG has already tourney crosstable (it is auto-updated, sortable)

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm A the time of the release of version 0.7 I had around 140 engines loaded but was unable to complete any tournaments at all to the present date.......My Swiss tourneys stopped after 1 round.....and the KO tourney I was running stopped after 1 round because GUI had trouble running the tiebreaks for a few of the matches and stopped after 1 round with 128 engine in the tourney....So indeed this GUI has some issues......also many engines don't seem to run or load properly.....and some engines crash for some unexplained reasons before the matches.....Dunno....I guess best is to wait until all the bugs are sorted out.....AR :) :wink: :|

ps: One good thing is that when Banksia 0.5 was removed and Banksia 0.7 added to the folder...it seemed to read the prior engine list and settings without any problems.but I don't know why..perhaps there is a engines settings folder somewhere in my documents that Banksia 0.7 picked up from v0.5...
Thanks again for the info. I have added them to my notes and TODO list. I am going to check/fix them.
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

phhnguyen wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 am ...
supersharp77 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 pm and lack of a adjudication button for the tourney games...
When creating a tournament, you can find Adjudication box (near the bottom of the dialog window). At the moment, users can turn on/off, adjudicate games by length (set 0 if you want to ignore) and by probing Syzygy.

At least adjudication by eval should be added. (with a condition)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Ponti

Post by Ponti »

Is there a chance to support DGT eletronic boards ?
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Guenther wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:03 am
phhnguyen wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 am ...

At least adjudication by eval should be added. (with a condition)
Thanks for the suggestion. I have been trying to implement it for the next release
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Ponti wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:33 am Is there a chance to support DGT eletronic boards ?
Sorry, not for the coming time. I don't have those boards either.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

phhnguyen wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:00 am
Ponti wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:33 am Is there a chance to support DGT eletronic boards ?
Sorry, not for the coming time. I don't have those boards either.
Really impressed by this GUI, and the speed of your progress! I'll be willing to pay for it when it reaches official release stage. 8-)

For now, could you make it possible to resize the engine name/clock area.

It seems to me that the clock/engine name is very small in relation to the board and other windows. :mrgreen:

Another issue is that for engines with drop-down options (such as Komodo 13.2/ProDeo or Rodent 4's personality options) these do not appear, only an empty space. :cry: