Fat Fritz recalibrate

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jim Logan

Fat Fritz recalibrate

Post by Jim Logan »

I fear that I stopped the calibration of Fat Fritz prematurely. Can someone tell me how to go through the calibration step again?
Albert Silver

Re: Fat Fritz recalibrate

Post by Albert Silver »

Jim Logan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:43 pm I fear that I stopped the calibration of Fat Fritz prematurely. Can someone tell me how to go through the calibration step again?
The calibration is only needed if you are using an AMD graphics card. If it is an Nvidia, you are fine.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

How do you run the calibration step for Fat Fritz? Are there instructions that came with FF?

Thanks!
corres

Post by corres »

carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 am How do you run the calibration step for Fat Fritz? Are there instructions that came with FF?
Thanks!
What do you read on this site?
There is no opportunity to write to everybody personal help.
Do read my post "Setup Fat Fritz for the used Graphic Card".
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 am How do you run the calibration step for Fat Fritz? Are there instructions that came with FF?

Thanks!
When you first install Fat Fritz, it will install various configurations: for CPU, Nvidia graphics cards, and AMD graphics cards. You will see a small black window open running a process that will take a couple of minutes, This is the calibration, but is only of use for AMD video card users. If you rely solely on CPU, or have an Nvidia graphics card, you can safely ignore this step as it will not apply to your setup.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Thanks, Albert - I asked because, unfortunately, I only have an AMD card at the moment. Does it create a file if the calibration is successful? I know Leela does that.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

carldaman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 pm Thanks, Albert - I asked because, unfortunately, I only have an AMD card at the moment. Does it create a file if the calibration is successful? I know Leela does that.
Yes, it does. If you think the calibration is off or needs redoing, just delete it, and then next time you start the engine it will calibrate first.