WCCC 2019 Macau..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Werewolf

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Werewolf »

If a tournament claims the title of "World Championship" but either fails to:

i) Allow the strongest chess entities to participate (n/a here)
ii) The strongest chess entities can't / don't want to participate

then questions do need to be asked how it is a "World Championship", and not just a normal tournament.
crem

Post by crem »

MikeGL wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:32 am Sorry, but what's the story behind this game?
Regarding the final position, white cannot lose this position as the lone pawn of black can be grabbed by Rook anytime and white holds a draw.

Would be nice to know the background story on how White lost this.
LCZero operator was not very experienced in OTB chess and Lc0 UI, and it took him more than 15 seconds (which was an increment) to make one move.
He offered draw, but Komodo operator rejected it seeing that the operator struggles entering moves. In the end LCZero ran out of time and lost.
Both engines had 6-men tablebase.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Werewolf wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am If a tournament claims the title of "World Championship" but either fails to:

then questions do need to be asked how it is a "World Championship", and not just a normal tournament.
I don't think 2b should be a concern. I consider it a good thing that one tournament is singled out as special. That shouldn't be discouraged by some people having their own agendas. Because there are bound to be some of those always.

It is very questionable whether the best engine developers (programmers and book builders) aren't all at WCCC anyway.
noobpwnftw

Post by noobpwnftw »

hgm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 am It is very questionable whether the best engine developers (programmers and book builders) aren't all at WCCC anyway.
And maybe in a few years from now, having people to know there is such a thing would be an achievement.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Ovyron wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 am My programming efforts will remain private as long as there's people in the world like you that could use them. Some people don't deserve to see it, so nobody gets to see it. Unfortunately, I've tried private releases of stuff, but it's impossible to avoid leaks, no matter how trusty someone looks, or if there's some long friendship of years preceding it, you send someone something private, they leak it, and then someone like you, that doesn't deserve it, gets to use it. That'd be unacceptable.

And, anyway, just like I'm really good at predicting what my corr chess opponents will play via extrapolation, I'm able to predict the outcomes of stuff. If I were to release my chess engine to the public, two things would happen. First, no matter what I achieved, some people would downplay it because I used TSCP as my basis. Oh, I already had 1600 elo for free, so adding 900 elo was like programming something that plays like 900 elo. Someone could point out it still allows two knights against king and think it's winning...
I guess you really believe this yourself? You are much more deluded, than I had imagined. More likely on the clinical scale I would say.

So you 'busted' the Italian for White in a main line, but cannot show it, you 'programmed' a Ruffianstrength like engine from TSCP and also cannot show it.
You started as little kid here and in the Rybka forum and you just have not grown up since then. That's it.
Instead you could write the most boring book in the world alone from your last 400 posts in 8 weeks.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Oh, oops Guenther, looks like your Foe List broke. Go and fix it or you're gonna be reading the posts of the other 93 guys in it as well :roll:

Or you don't know what's it for. Or you lie about who's in there. Whatever it is... guess we'll see each other the next time you can't resist the urge to read a post from me.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
supersharp77

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau Underway!!

Post by supersharp77 »

noobpwnftw wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 am
hgm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 am It is very questionable whether the best engine developers (programmers and book builders) aren't all at WCCC anyway.
And maybe in a few years from now, having people to know there is such a thing would be an achievement.
WCCC 2019 Tourney Is Underway!!

http://results.icga.org/WCSC2019/

Competition name
Group 1 - Round 5 - 11-Aug-19
Site WCSC 2019 Start date 11-Aug-19
City Macau End date 12-Aug-19
Country China Pairing system Round Robin
Organisation ICGA Arbiter Jan Krabbenbos

Group 1
Player list
Ranking
Normal ranking
XRef
Game file
Progress
History
Round 10
Round 9
Round 8
Round 7
Round 6
Round 5
Round 4
Round 3
Round 2
Round 1
Nr. White Black Result
1 Komodo The Baron 1−0
2 Shredder Chiron ½−½
3 Jonny Ginkgo ½−½

Nr. Player Absence reason

Round 5
Pos Name Gms W D L Score SBgr Rtg TPR SRtg
1 Komodo 5 3 2 0 4.0 8.00 0 0
2 Ginkgo 5 1 4 0 3.0 6.25 0 0
3 Jonny 5 1 4 0 3.0 6.25 0 0
4 Chiron 5 1 3 1 2.5 4.50 0 0
5 Shredder 5 0 4 1 2.0 4.50 0 0
6 The Baron 5 0 1 4 0.5 1.00 0 0
IanO

Post by IanO »

Here is a crosstable for the 2019 World Computer Software Championship

Code: Select all

Ko Jo Ch Gi Sh Ba  Total
Komodo    xx == 1= == 1= 1=   6.5
Jonny     == xx == =1 == 1=   6
Chiron    0= == xx == =1 11   6
Ginkgo    == =0 == xx == 11   5.5
Shredder  0= == =0 == xx =1   4.5
Baron     0= 0= 00 00 =0 xx   1.5
The WCCC started on the 13th: http://results.icga.org/WCCC2019/
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Werewolf wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am If a tournament claims the title of "World Championship" but either fails to:

The 'question' does not need to be asked. It is self evident. This is a joke of a title....everyone knows it.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

I was under the impression that WCCC is a farce.

It's to entertain the audience, humor etc.