New crafty version

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

New crafty version

Post by bob »

I just fixed a bug found by a crafty user. Basic idea was that after the syzygy implementation, I left a piece of code in iterate.c that could cause a nasty issue (playing a null move at the root and blowing up). Minor fix to solve this. If anyone is interested in distributing this, let me know and I can send it to you. I no longer have the ftp web site at UAB.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: New crafty version

Post by Vinvin »

May be put the source on github.com ?
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Vinvin wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:12 am May be put the source on github.com ?
I want to mention that nearly all sources of all crafty versions are already put on one github account by Martin Pedersen since 2018.
May be Bob can contact him and he will just add the new version there.

https://github.com/MartinMSPedersen/Crafty-Chess
martin@linux.com

I am sure Mike or Dann will compile it soon.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

Guenther wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:35 am May be Bob can contact him and he will just add the new version there.
To respect the author, I suggest him to contact Bob first, ask permission as an official source then offer help ;)

BTW, I prefer an official website/repository directly from Bob.
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

bob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 am I just fixed a bug found by a crafty user. Basic idea was that after the syzygy implementation, I left a piece of code in iterate.c that could cause a nasty issue (playing a null move at the root and blowing up). Minor fix to solve this. If anyone is interested in distributing this, let me know and I can send it to you. I no longer have the ftp web site at UAB.
Hi Bob,
I sent you a private message , but for some reason it is still hung up in my Talkchess outbox. Hopefully you get it today or tomorrow. If it doesn’t go through , what is the best way to reach you?
Best regards,
Michael
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

MikeB wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:38 pm
bob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 am I just fixed a bug found by a crafty user. Basic idea was that after the syzygy implementation, I left a piece of code in iterate.c that could cause a nasty issue (playing a null move at the root and blowing up). Minor fix to solve this. If anyone is interested in distributing this, let me know and I can send it to you. I no longer have the ftp web site at UAB.
Hi Bob,
I sent you a private message , but for some reason it is still hung up in my Talkchess outbox. Hopefully you get it today or tomorrow. If it doesn’t go through , what is the best way to reach you?
Best regards,
Michael
If I recall correctly, a pm appears in your outbox until the recipient views it, but it has already been "sent".
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

zullil wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm
Hi Bob,
Best regards,
Michael
If I recall correctly, a pm appears in your outbox until the recipient views it, but it has already been "sent".
Thx - was not aware of that little tidbit.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Just got back from vacation.
Where is the source code for the current version of Crafty?
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
bob

Post by bob »

Hi Bob,
Best regards,
Michael
RobertMHyatt at yahoo dot com

My old UAB address (no cis.) also works...
bob

Post by bob »

Dann Corbit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm Just got back from vacation.
Where is the source code for the current version of Crafty?
Actually it is going to take a few days. Looks like there is a bug in the syzygy probe code I used. Has a problem with en passant captures...

I'll post an update when I get this resolved...