WCCC 2019 Macau..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
supersharp77
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Southwest USA

WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by supersharp77 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 am

WCCC in Macau
For your interrest,

The WCCC 2019 will held in Macau (China) from Aug 10 until Aug 16th

Participants Chess Events Macau 2019

The following list gives all the participants of the 2019 ICGA Chess Events in Macau:
1 Chiron
2 Shredder
3 Jonny
4 The Baron
5 Komodo
6 Ginkgo
7 (?)
8 (?)

https://icga.org/?page_id=2731

https://icga.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... s-2019.pdf

The most Fascinating Part besides what Chess Programs are entered are the Names of the Chess Engines
Who did not enter! :) :wink:

Major players Chiron, Shredder And Komodo All Will Participate..... :D

Zenmastur
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 am

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Zenmastur » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am

supersharp77 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 am
WCCC in Macau
For your interrest,

The WCCC 2019 will held in Macau (China) from Aug 10 until Aug 16th

Participants Chess Events Macau 2019

The following list gives all the participants of the 2019 ICGA Chess Events in Macau:
1 Chiron
2 Shredder
3 Jonny
4 The Baron
5 Komodo
6 Ginkgo
7 (?)
8 (?)

https://icga.org/?page_id=2731

https://icga.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... s-2019.pdf

The most Fascinating Part besides what Chess Programs are entered are the Names of the Chess Engines
Who did not enter! :) :wink:

Major players Chiron, Shredder And Komodo All Will Participate..... :D
This seems to be less about computer games and more about where the people spending the ICGA's money want to vacation this year!

Regards,

Zenmastur
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Zenmastur wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am
more about where the people spending the ICGA's money want to vacation this year!
It seems to be where the IJCAI (to which the ICGA linked itself?) is holding its conferences, more than anything the ICGA itself wants.

mehmet karaman
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am
Location: TURKEY

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by mehmet karaman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Lc0 must be included in the organization. So we can see very enjoyable games.

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Harvey Williamson » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:36 pm

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:26 pm

It seems to be where the IJCAI (to which the ICGA linked itself?) is holding its conferences, more than anything the ICGA itself wants.
I think you are right.

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Harvey Williamson » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:37 pm

mehmet karaman wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Lc0 must be included in the organization. So we can see very enjoyable games.
Lc0 entered last year. It is a shame they have not this year. However it is expensive even with the subsidy being offered by the ICGA.

mehmet karaman
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am
Location: TURKEY

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by mehmet karaman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Bad news.

What about Hiarcs? Hiarcs is one of the most participating engines in the tournament

supersharp77
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Southwest USA

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..LC0 played 2018 Event

Post by supersharp77 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:37 pm
mehmet karaman wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Lc0 must be included in the organization. So we can see very enjoyable games.
Lc0 entered last year. It is a shame they have not this year. However it is expensive even with the subsidy being offered by the ICGA.
"LC0 Played in The WCCC 2018 Event"......."Well lets just see the results...Shall We?"

https://www.chessprogramming.org/WCCC_2018

Final Standing

24th World Computer Chess Championship 2018, Stockholm, SE [3]
# Program CC R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 P7 Play-Off
1. Komodo US 7b1 6w½ 5b1 8w1 2b½ 3w½ 4b½ 5 2b1 2w½
2. GridGinkgo DE 8w1 3b½ 7w1 5b½ 1w½ 4w½ 6b1 5 1w0 1b½
3. Jonny DE 5b½ 2w½ 4b½ 6w½ 8b½ 1b½ 7w1 4
4. Chiron IT 6w½ 8b½ 3w½ 7b½ 5w½ 2b½ 1w½ 3½
5. Booot UA 3w½ 7b½ 1w0 2w½ 4b½ 6w½ 8b1 3½
6. Shredder DE 4b½ 1b½ 8w1 3b½ 7w½ 5b½ 2w0 3½
7. LeelaZeroBE/CH 1w0 5w½ 2b0 4w½ 6b½ 8w½ 3b0 2
8. The Baron NL 2b0 4w½ 6b0 1b0 3w½ 7b½ 5w0 1½

CC Country Codes


Wow...nice result for Ginkgo and Jonny...Komodo tied first....good results for Booot and Chiron.. :) :wink:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lczero/ ... 9-Z1LWCAAJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lczero/ ... Y7sLiQAwAJ

http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtop ... =2&t=67949

User avatar
Harvey Williamson
Posts: 1766
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:12 pm
Location: Media City, UK
Contact:

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 am

mehmet karaman wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 pm
Bad news.

What about Hiarcs? Hiarcs is one of the most participating engines in the tournament
I just cant get the time off work in August. I plan to go next year.

User avatar
mclane
Posts: 16060
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: US of Europe, germany
Full name: Thorsten Czub
Contact:

Re: WCCC 2019 Macau..

Post by mclane » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 am

Wishing all participants a nice event
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....

Post Reply