New Ethereal

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

camava
Full name: mario varela

New Ethereal

Post by camava »

Thomas Lagershausen

Re: New Ethereal

Post by Thomas Lagershausen »

Who helps the general user to create a exe from this stuff?
TL
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

I'm sure that Andrew will make an official release of a new version when he is ready.
As things stand, 11.25 is still the latest official release.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
komodoslash001
Full name: Jeremy Tyrania

Post by komodoslash001 »

I compiled a popcnt version. It seems to work fine, but kinda strange that it compiled it 1 second... with stockfish it takes about a minute. But I ran it in the fritz GUI and everything seems fine, I get 18,000 knps with my ryzen 1700 using 16 threads.

I uploaded it to zippyshare if anyone wants it.

https://www3.zippyshare.com/v/EC2AAc4z/file.html
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

komodoslash001 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm I compiled a popcnt version. It seems to work fine, but kinda strange that it compiled it 1 second... with stockfish it takes about a minute. But I ran it in the fritz GUI and everything seems fine, I get 18,000 knps with my ryzen 1700 using 16 threads.

I uploaded it to zippyshare if anyone wants it.

https://www3.zippyshare.com/v/EC2AAc4z/file.html
C++ compile times can get pretty unruly with all the templates and as all the layers of inheritance getting compacted due to optimization. So a quick Ethereal compile is expected. I like to think I have the easiest build system for the top end of engines.

As Graham said, I will make a release when ready, which will be V11.50 if I get there, or maybe sooner if ... life happens ...
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )