Leela-Cerebellum available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Leela-Cerebellum available

Post by pohl4711 »

Leela Cerebellum book available
BrainFish can use two books parallel
Brainfish has a new UCI Parameter BookFile2:

When playing with two Books, Brainfish first tries the Book set with UCI - BookFile
When the position is not found inside the first book, it tries the second book (if set) UCI - BookFile2

When playing with the Leela and Stockfish book parallel, the Leela Book should be set as the first book

Another option could be to use a special Tournament book as the first book (BookFile),
(which for example exploits some temporary weaknesses of other books or engines),
and to use the Cerebellum Stockfish book as the backup book (BookFile2).

https://zipproth.de/#Brainfish_download

Testrun on SPCC will start tomorrow... stay tuned!
supersharp77

Re: Leela-Cerebellum available

Post by supersharp77 »

pohl4711 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm Leela Cerebellum book available
BrainFish can use two books parallel
Brainfish has a new UCI Parameter BookFile2:

When playing with two Books, Brainfish first tries the Book set with UCI - BookFile
When the position is not found inside the first book, it tries the second book (if set) UCI - BookFile2

When playing with the Leela and Stockfish book parallel, the Leela Book should be set as the first book

Another option could be to use a special Tournament book as the first book (BookFile),
(which for example exploits some temporary weaknesses of other books or engines),
and to use the Cerebellum Stockfish book as the backup book (BookFile2).

https://zipproth.de/#Brainfish_download

Testrun on SPCC will start tomorrow... stay tuned!
Leela book? what is it..LC0 games? Whats it for? Thx AR :) :wink:
Thomas Zipproth

Post by Thomas Zipproth »

supersharp77 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:31 pm Leela book? what is it..LC0 games? Whats it for? Thx AR :) :wink:
Cerebellum_Light_Net32930 is calculated with lc0 and Net 32930.
Cerebellum does not depend on a special engine :)

Some preliminary tests indicated that the Leela and Stockfish book can complement each other,
which means when they are used both together (using the new Brainfish with the two books option) as first and second book (first = Leela book),
then you have a stronger engine as with one of those books alone.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Thomas Zipproth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 pm
supersharp77 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:31 pm Leela book? what is it..LC0 games? Whats it for? Thx AR :) :wink:

Some preliminary tests indicated that the Leela and Stockfish book can complement each other,
which means when they are used both together (using the new Brainfish with the two books option) as first and second book (first = Leela book),
Long time no see, I'll take the opportunity to ask about the Sirius GUI.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Thomas Zipproth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi, I have a question.
Arena GUI recognize the book format *.abk .
The book come with *.bin. Which GUI or adaptor should I use.
Thomas Zipproth

Ozymandias wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 pm Long time no see, I'll take the opportunity to ask about the Sirius GUI.
I'm sorry to say that the status of the Sirius GUI has not changed, in the last two years neither I or my brother had enough time to finish this project, because it takes an enormous amount of time to test everything, fix all bugs and make it user friendly. I had the time to make the Leela book, for which I needed about 4 days additional development time, but the Sirius GUI would need about two month, which is too much in the moment. I hope we will somehow manage to release the Siruis GUI (which also means Cerebellum full) before Chess is finally solved :)
Thomas Zipproth

Nay Lin Tun wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:09 am Hi, I have a question.
Arena GUI recognize the book format *.abk .
The book come with *.bin. Which GUI or adaptor should I use.
Many engines can use a .bin book directly with an UCI option, for example BrainFish, Houdini and Komodo.
BrainFish is able to handle two .bin books parallel.
The Scid Database GUI can display and edit .bin books.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Thomas Zipproth wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 amit takes an enormous amount of time to test everything
If you need help with that, you just have to ask. It would be a shame if you only released it once it's useless, after all the effort that must have gone into it already.
jp

Post by jp »

Thomas Zipproth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 pm Cerebellum_Light_Net32930 is calculated with lc0 and Net 32930.
But for either Lc or SF Cerebellum books, they don't calculate all by themselves, right? You steer them to analyze human opening positions, right?
Thomas Zipproth

jp wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am But for either Lc or SF Cerebellum books, they don't calculate all by themselves, right? You steer them to analyze human opening positions, right?
Cerebellum is basically a big tree (in reality a graph because chess lines can have repetitions) of recalculated positions from a selected chess engine. The original score of every position is recalculated with a special graph algorithm so that the new score is consistent with its child nodes and finally the leaf nodes. This includes repetitions which can lead to zero-scores.

How you obtain the positions which are calculated and added to the graph is completely free, the only constraint is that they must be connected to the root position.

Some examples which are used in reality are:
  • take the best move from a position calculation, calculate the position resulting from this move too and add it to the tree.
  • add the positions of games played with Cerebellum.
  • add positions which are played regularly in engine or human games.
  • add famous games which are considered to be important for chess theory.
  • add lines which leave the tree at some point but re-enter it after some moves.