TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply

Paloma
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Paloma » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm curious which version of Houdini and Komodo will participate.

From Komodo will probably participate a dev-Version (WCCC-Version), but for Houdini probably again the old 6.03

JJJ
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 am

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by JJJ » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Deux X hitting top 3 or better in premier division would be wonderfull...

Branko Radovanovic
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Branko Radovanovic » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm

How come Hannibal is playing in Div 2? I thought it crashed out of it last season.

IanO
Posts: 476
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by IanO » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Branko Radovanovic wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm
How come Hannibal is playing in Div 2? I thought it crashed out of it last season.
You might be thinking of Chiron. It crashed 3/5 games in Div 1, demoting to Div 2. Div 2 had 5 of the 8 entrants losing from crashes, but none out by the three-strike rule, so I think they demoted the two worst performers instead (Arasan and Vajolet).

Branko Radovanovic
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Branko Radovanovic » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:06 pm

IanO wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 pm
Branko Radovanovic wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm
How come Hannibal is playing in Div 2? I thought it crashed out of it last season.
You might be thinking of Chiron. It crashed 3/5 games in Div 1, demoting to Div 2. Div 2 had 5 of the 8 entrants losing from crashes, but none out by the three-strike rule, so I think they demoted the two worst performers instead (Arasan and Vajolet).
Actually, I've just checked the archive again - Hannibal indeed had 3 crashes in Div 2 last season (against Nirvana, Vajolet and Xiphos), so it should have been relegated.

elcabesa
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 11:32 am
Contact:

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by elcabesa » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:29 pm

I also have checked it and asked TCEC members what happened. I expected Vajolet in Div 2 and not Div 3.
I suppose this is a lapse of memory :)

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32990
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Graham Banks » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Hopefully there will be a new version of Defenchess added.

chess22k and Rodent are other possibilities.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Alibaba
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Alibaba » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:05 am

I would be happy to see Deep Junior back to TCEC. This engine played wonderful games in the past even in the default contemp setting.
With contemp = 15 this engine play very dangerous and delievers perls of computerchess. So Deep Junior 13.0 oder 13.3 with contemp 15 running with 4 GB Hash and on 40 Cores would be fanstastic....

Greeting
Andi

Nay Lin Tun
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: TCEC season 13, 2 NN engines will be participating, Leela and Deus X

Post by Nay Lin Tun » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:24 am

Alibaba wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:05 am
I would be happy to see Deep Junior back to TCEC. This engine played wonderful games in the past even in the default contemp setting.
With contemp = 15 this engine play very dangerous and delievers perls of computerchess. So Deep Junior 13.0 oder 13.3 with contemp 15 running with 4 GB Hash and on 40 Cores would be fanstastic....

Greeting
Andi
Well, there is extreme high possibility that Deus X authour is Deep Junior Authour, Shay Bushinsky.
https://www.aaai.org/ojs/index.php/aima ... /view/2255

So you will be seeing updated version(work of art) of Junior!!
:D :)

Post Reply