World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Harvey Williamson »

mjlef wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 pmI know because I was both there and had to pay for dinner with many f the programmers (its sort of a tradition).

Mark
The bill is also on the way from the meal I just had with David, Amir and Tal!
Congratulations,
Harvey
IanO

Post by IanO »

SzG wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Damir wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:34 pm Congrats to Boot for winning Chess Software WCCC.... :) :) :D
Is that not premature? Playoff second game is still in progress. Booot won the first
The game is scored incorrectly in the DGT web viewer; the end position is a Black victory:

[d]1b6/5pk1/P4pp1/1PQ5/5qbP/2Np4/5PB1/5K2 w - - 0 1

(At first I thought 53.a7 was winning a piece until I saw that 53...Qc1 is mate! Komodo showed the power of the bishop pair in this game, and executed a blistering KID-reversed attack in the second game.)

Final crosstable:

Code: Select all

Ko Bo Gi Jo Sh Ch Hi Ba Pa  Total  Playoff
Komodo   x  =  =  1  =  =  =  1  1    5.5   2.0
Booot    =  x  =  =  =  =  1  1  1    5.5   0.0
Ginkgo   =  =  x  =  =  =  =  1  1    5
Jonny    0  =  =  x  =  1  =  1  1    5
Shredder =  =  =  =  x  =  =  =  1    4.5
Chiron   =  =  =  0  =  x  =  1  1    4.5
Hiarcs   =  0  =  =  =  =  x  0  1    3.5
Baron    0  0  0  0  =  0  1  x  1    2.5
Pauline  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  x    0
As you can see, rather a lot of draws this year!
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Congrats to Komodo for winning WCSC. I saw Booot won the first game and assumed that Komodo was in trouble. I did not know was the wrong result, and that Komodo actually won the game…. Anyway, a very strong performance by Booot...
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

mjlef wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 am The Speed chess games will start at noon local Stockholm Sweden time at Stockholmsmässan, address Mässvägen 1, 125 80 Älvsjö. It is a short walk from the Älvsjö. station. The ICGA triennial meeting will be at the same location at 10 am, followed by a players meeting at 11 am.

The games will take place in the large lobby. There is an 88 inch screen with live commentary by a Grandmaster.

The AlphaGo film will be shown at the WCCC/WCSC playing location on Friday 13 July, 18:00.

The World Chess Software Championship will be on Friday and Saturday (14-15 July) starting each day at 8 am, with WCCC starting Monday-Thursday at 9 am each day. We hope to stream the live games. on the icga.org website.
I just thought of a joke!
That there should be a world bullet computer championship.
Then you could afford to pay for the time of human world champion as commentator.
It would only take 5 minutes of his time!
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I don't understand why leela lost the first game against Komodo. Can someone explain ? It seems white was winning or either drawing.
Robert Pope

Post by Robert Pope »

The games have an operator playing the game OTB. They ran out of time on the real clock because they didn't give themselves enough cushion to be able to relay the moves.
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

SzG wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:50 am Going to http://view.livechesscloud.com/0939e4c8 ... 7bd0cc65e6 I can only see a chessboard but no games, not even from rounds 1 or 2. Selecting a pairing does not even show names. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing!

These "blind" guys have changed the link.

http://view.livechesscloud.com/7c104c94 ... f22a1880d0
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

SzG wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 am GridGinkgo-Leela not playing?
Mark posted this in another thread:
The Leela operator's mom slipped and hit her head here ins Stockholm last night, and they spent the night in the emergency room. They are now taking his Mom home, so there will be no Leela game this morning. I do not know how serious the injury is but it is hopeful since they are allowing her to travel.

I just heard they have found another operator and awaiting approval of the lc0 team. So hopefully Leela will continue this afternoon. The programmers and TD are considering how we might be able to fill in the missing game later. Maybe playing from the hotel, or we could try starting the other games sooner to free up time. As I hear more, I will keep you posted.

Mark
gbanksnz at gmail.com