World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Damir
Posts: 2158
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Damir » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm

It seems 12th Game is still not running.. What is going on ? :( :(

lkaufman
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by lkaufman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm
It seems 12th Game is still not running.. What is going on ? :( :(
Mark messaged me that Komodo won the playoff and the championship with two wins; maybe there is or was something wrong on the website?
Komodo rules!

User avatar
CMCanavessi
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by CMCanavessi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:21 pm

lkaufman wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:17 pm
Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm
It seems 12th Game is still not running.. What is going on ? :( :(
Mark messaged me that Komodo won the playoff and the championship with two wins; maybe there is or was something wrong on the website?
Congratulations then!!! Tomorrow will be interesting, K vs Leela :mrgreen:
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls

Sven
Posts: 3826
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Full name: Sven Schüle
Contact:

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Sven » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Paloma wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:25 am
Sven wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:26 am
Jesse Gersenson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 pm
It the official name "World Speed Chess Championship"?

I see Komodo won that event, congratulations Mark!
Where can I see the speed chess results?
Hi Sven,

the link is here: https://icga.org/?page_id=2475
Thanks!

@Guenther: thank you as well but your links were for WCSC ;-)
Sven Schüle (engine author: Jumbo, KnockOut, Surprise)

mjlef
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by mjlef » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm
I just heared Komodo has resigned to play the remaining games and Booot is the new champion.. :D :o
Perhaps you could let us know the source of what you heard so we can correct it, but Komodo won both of the playoff games, and so won WCSC today. I know because I was both there and had to pay for dinner with many f the programmers (its sort of a tradition).

We were staying late in the Convention Center with everything shut down, but I will ask the TD to post the final two games tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but I think they did not want us hanging around much longer.

Mark

Paloma
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Paloma » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 pm

mjlef wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm
Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm
I just heared Komodo has resigned to play the remaining games and Booot is the new champion.. :D :o
Perhaps you could let us know the source of what you heard so we can correct it, but Komodo won both of the playoff games, and so won WCSC today. I know because I was both there and had to pay for dinner with many f the programmers (its sort of a tradition).
....

Mark
http://view.livechesscloud.com/3d47fbee ... d084b68982
klick headline and then Rd.10

Werewolf
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Werewolf » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:10 pm

lkaufman wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:17 pm
Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm
It seems 12th Game is still not running.. What is going on ? :( :(
Mark messaged me that Komodo won the playoff and the championship with two wins; maybe there is or was something wrong on the website?

Congratulations.

mjlef
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by mjlef » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 pm

yanquis1972 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm
holy crap. how did that happen??

also, anyone know if komodo used MCTS instead of 12.x?
Komodo used regular search (not MCTS) in the WCSC.

mjlef
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by mjlef » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Paloma wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 pm
mjlef wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm
Damir wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm
I just heared Komodo has resigned to play the remaining games and Booot is the new champion.. :D :o
Perhaps you could let us know the source of what you heard so we can correct it, but Komodo won both of the playoff games, and so won WCSC today. I know because I was both there and had to pay for dinner with many f the programmers (its sort of a tradition).
....

Mark
http://view.livechesscloud.com/3d47fbee ... d084b68982
klick headline and then Rd.10
Thanks, I sent a message to the TD asking this be corrected. Thank you for letting us know.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33143
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: World Speed Chess Championship, WCSC and WCCC

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Congratulations to Mark and Larry for winning the WCSC title, but what a tremendous performance from Booot!
So well done to Alex too - something to be proud of.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Post Reply