chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by h1a8 »

I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
2. Does fritz 16 have the monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
reflectionofpower

Re: chessbase fritz 16 vs komodo 12

Post by reflectionofpower »

h1a8 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

1. Does komodo have every training feature Fritz 16 has but with the added monte carlo feature?
3. Is the monte carlo feature interesting? They advertise that Alpha 0 uses the same analysis technology.

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

2)No

3)The Monte Carlo feature is interesting https://en.chessbase.com/post/komodo-mc ... r-approach
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

reflectionofpower wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:23 am
h1a8 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am I was thinking of buying fritz 16 because of the new training features (assisted and tactical analysis and other new features). But I saw komodo 12 with the monte carlo feature. My questions are:

Thanks!
1) Komodo is a separate UCI engine devoid of any of the Fritz features but a very strong engine with the Monte features.

If he meant to buy Komodo 12 from Chessbase you are wrong.
In this case he gets the lastest F16 GUI with it.

https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/ ... 5OH0EFN840

Code: Select all

Komodo Chess 12 includes:

Improved Komodo 12 multi-processor engine
    New Komodo 12 “Monte Carlo” engine
    New Fritz 16 program interface
    6 months ChessBase Premium Account
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

I find myself very interested in the Monte Carlo Tree Search. Lets see what it can do.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Guenther wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for bringing that out. I was so stuck on the two that I didn't specify that. :shock:
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

Guenther wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks!

I checked with Chessbase and they confirmed the Komodo 12 package from Chessbase has an identical GUI as the Fritz 16 package.

Mark