CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by Albert Silver »

Hi,

Although I am nowhere near convergence yet, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to export the data to produce a graph. This is from the Windows GUI. I am attaching the latest two files it produces. Any help would be appreciated.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
F. Bluemers

Re: CLOP export to graphs in Windows

Post by F. Bluemers »

Hi
To reproduce the graphs on a different system,the *.dat file and the corresponding *.clop file are needed.
Best
F. Bluemers

Post by F. Bluemers »

note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

F. Bluemers wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 pm note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
I completely agree, and am nowhere near stopping. Attached is my clop file as well.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Albert Silver wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:46 pm
F. Bluemers wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 pm note that 350 or so games is not much to work on for clop...
I completely agree, and am nowhere near stopping. Attached is my clop file as well.
Tried to create a script to read .dat file and output it to csv for plotting in say excel. Plot below is from your FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat.
If you are interested, I will upload it after some random checking.

The script will only output the csv and you have to create a plot in excel/google spreadsheet. The scale of perf series (yellow line) is in secondary y-axis at right of plot.

perf = cummulative_score/cummulative_games
perf is still below 50% but the trend looks good as it is increasing.

Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Ferdy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:27 am
Albert Silver wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:46 pm
Tried to create a script to read .dat file and output it to csv for plotting in say excel. Plot below is from your FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat.
If you are interested, I will upload it after some random checking.

The script will only output the csv and you have to create a plot in excel/google spreadsheet. The scale of perf series (yellow line) is in secondary y-axis at right of plot.

perf = cummulative_score/cummulative_games
perf is still below 50% but the trend looks good as it is increasing.

Hi Ferdy,

Many thanks for this, it is quite interesting. Here are my updated results so far:

and Winrate:

Updated files attached for the record.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Convert clop data file to csv file for graphing.

Usage:

Code: Select all

cdr.exe -i FPU-PUCT-Testing.dat -o out.csv
Download:
CLOP data reader

Tried to use plotly lib, see if you can view this. You should be able to zoom in/out, pan etc.
clop plot

Next version of cdr will automatically plot the data saved locally in html file (can be exported to plotly account for viewing online). But you need to install plotly.

I assume you already have installed python which may include a pip. Open windows cmd (run as administrator) is better then type,

Code: Select all

pip install plotly