Incredible Stockfish Patch

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Modern Times

Re: Incredible Stockfish Patch

Post by Modern Times »

Ovyron wrote:
SzG wrote:I guess we would not include it in our lists.
Red alarms should ring when potentially, your rating list would not include the strongest chess entity on the planet due to a technicality.

Again, learning entities make sense as long as the testers merge their learn files and the users are allowed to download the learn file that produced the elo shown.
Read alarm bells would ring if we did include it. As Gabor alludes to, it would compromise the integrity of the rating list because the learning engine is not constant. It is against our rules, simple as that.

If the learning could somehow be turned off and frozen at a point in time then yes it could be included, and then included as a new engine version some months later with the learning again frozen at that later date.

SSDF do allow learning. I think they are the only ratings list that does.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Modern Times wrote: It is against our rules, simple as that.
Outdated rules, it seems.
cdani

Post by cdani »

Modern Times wrote: If the learning could somehow be turned off and frozen at a point in time then yes it could be included, and then included as a new engine version some months later with the learning again frozen at that later date.
+1, like every new engine version.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

SzG wrote:For a ranking list based on accumulated games, to switch on learning would make all results meaningless.
Only if you include the games with learning switched on, when computing ratings. Leaving games out isn't unheard of, BTW. I have in my DB, games from CCRL, which aren't included anymore. The same way that an engine is left out (for whatever reason), games from an improving engine could be kept separate, and only include them in case it stops improving (*). The forum threads dealing with those gauntlets, would have a lot of activity, though.

(*) If it does, treat the engine like any other, from that point onwards.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Once Brainfish and the Cerebellum Library (not yet released) is available for purchase then we can make our own learning library.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

What makes you think it is going to be available commercially ?
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Damir wrote:What makes you think it is going to be available commercially ?
Here is a quote from his web page:

The Commercial Product will be:
1. The GUI with Cerebellum Library handling.
2.) The Cerebellum Library itself, which does not mean an already calculated book, but a tool (Cerebellum) to make such a book using an engine of your choice. 3.) An adapter to connect a Cerebellum calculated book with an engine for playing.
4.) The book created with the Cerebellum Library using Stockfish as engine as an additional benefit.

". It will probably published around November 2016 and will cost around 20,- €. Brainfish itself will always stay free. "
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Sorry to tell you, but you are 2 years behind. :) :)
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Damir wrote:Sorry to tell you, but you are 2 years behind. :) :)
Still, plenty of time ahead of Hiarcs 15, don't you think? :wink:
Thomas Zipproth

Post by Thomas Zipproth »

Leo wrote:Once Brainfish and the Cerebellum Library (not yet released) is available for purchase then we can make our own learning library.
Thanks for your support. You are right, Cerebellum and the Sirius Gui will be published.
The delay is due to a lack of time , but currently I'm working on the project. I will publish a new release date as soon as I can predict it reliable.

Btw, I have updated the Cerebellum AlphaZero Analysis Page to make it more readable.
http://www.zipproth.de/Brainfish/Cerebe ... aZero.html

Thomas