Houdini with a six point lead near the halfway point of TCEC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Milos

Re: Houdini with a six point lead near the halfway point of

Post by Milos »

syzygy wrote:
Isaac wrote:
syzygy wrote:SF's nps roughly does stay the same over many patches.
Ok thanks, I didn't know this. I thought there was a great variability between each dev versions, even though the average nps on the bench positions stays around a mean that doesn't change much with time anymore.
The bench number itself (total nodes) varies a lot from patch to patch in a completely unpredictable manner.
If that is the case that only means the bench is not very good and certainly not representative. If bench is fixed depth from starting position, like many ppl do, that would explain quite a lot of things.
Milos

Post by Milos »

syzygy wrote:
Modern Times wrote:No attacks on Mark, to the contrary his 8% number is the only verifiable one at the moment.
Do you realise the 23% number comes from him?

And do you understand how he got to that number? (Hint: not by "extrapolating" the 8% number.)
No 23% number doesn't come form him, you invented that.
It comes from Anton who estimated it based on comparison with games from stage 2.
Mark doesn't have TCEC hardware but only 24 core server and only number he can reliably give is from 24 core server.
So as usual you are just talking baloney.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Milos wrote:
syzygy wrote:
Modern Times wrote:No attacks on Mark, to the contrary his 8% number is the only verifiable one at the moment.

And do you understand how he got to that number? (Hint: not by "extrapolating" the 8% number.)
I cannot help you to parse plain English...
Milos

Post by Milos »

syzygy wrote:
Milos wrote:
syzygy wrote:

Funny that coming from a Dutch guy known for crappy English. Maybe it would help if you'd wrote it in Dutch and let Google handle translation to English ;).
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Houdini just gave poor Komodo the old One-Two; wins in Games 76 and 77.
Awesome display by Houdini !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Milos wrote:
syzygy wrote:
Milos wrote:
syzygy wrote:

Funny that coming from a Dutch guy known for crappy English. Maybe it would help if you'd wrote it in Dutch and let Google handle translation to English ;).
As a native English speaker I can say with 100% certainty that Ronald's english is great.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Dan Cooper wrote:As a native English speaker I can say with 100% certainty that Ronald's english is great.
The word 'english' in your Post should have been with a Capital E. :)
By the way, even though English is not my native language, I can say with 100 % certainty that I speak and write better English than most Englishmen !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis