Fritz 16

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Re: Fritz 16

Post by AdminX »

schack wrote:I have unofficially heard that it improves on Fritz 15 by roughly 60 elo points, but that remains to be verified through testing.

Note that Stockfish 8 is also automatically installed.
Well there is a difference in the size of the exe's 2.88MB (Fritz 15) versus 3.02MB (Fritz 16)
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Nordlandia »

You must rename .dll file if you want Fritz 16 to probe Nalimov format

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChessBase\Endgames

I use TBAccess.dl_).dll - now nalimov work with fritz 16.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Who cares about Nalimov, which occupy 1.2 TB space. I am more interested if Fritz 16 support syzygy tbs, which occupy only 150 GB space...
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Damir wrote:Who cares about Nalimov, which occupy 1.2 TB space. I am more interested if Fritz 16 support syzygy tbs, which occupy only 150 GB space...
I am pretty sure it still does not.

Post by Nordlandia »

Damir wrote:Who cares about Nalimov, which occupy 1.2 TB space. I am more interested if Fritz 16 support syzygy tbs, which occupy only 150 GB space...
I agree with your point. Nalimov 5-men is better than nothing for Fritz 16 engine.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

AdminX wrote:
schack wrote:I have unofficially heard that it improves on Fritz 15 by roughly 60 elo points, but that remains to be verified through testing.

Note that Stockfish 8 is also automatically installed.
Well there is a difference in the size of the exe's 2.88MB (Fritz 15) versus 3.02MB (Fritz 16)
Currently running a 100 game 5 minute match between Fritz 15 & 16. At the time of this post I am 26 games in. +4 =18 -4 Appears to be not difference in strength.

Post by Nordlandia »

Ted: some implies 5 min games without increment is futile.

3+2 is better imo. 3+2 don't need so many games that 5m need.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

5 minutes or 3 2? I will see a woman (usually) take her shoes off and weigh herself and this always makes me laugh because really what difference does it make? I weigh myself with clothes and my shoes and I do this every time so I am getting a pretty good indicator of what my weight is.

5 0 or 3 2 matches will give you a good indicator of the results. You are not going to see one engine over the other all of sudden get a 40-50% increase in strength from it.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
keres

Post by keres »

Nordlandia wrote:You must rename .dll file if you want Fritz 16 to probe Nalimov format

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChessBase\Endgames

I use TBAccess.dl_).dll - now nalimov work with fritz 16.
I did what you wrote and now Fritz 16 use Nalimov! THANKS!
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Dayffd wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:19 pm Available Tuesday, Nov 14 (Chessbase.com). Even has emoticons to show Fritz's mood. Very important, of course. :)
Just loaded Fritz 16 GUI (CHessbase)and was playing around with it and trying to see if you can run engine tournaments with this GUI. Man was I surprised alot of the windows and views are the same as the old Fritz GUI's but quite a bit was changed and some unusual changes were much worse..my version only has one engine (Fritz 16) with 5-6 "Players"...club..patzer..fritz-master
Fritz GM etc. I see no drop down box for adding engines and no drop down box for UCI or Winboard engines...Board design
does not let you customize chessboard squares either....seems to have only "easy game" but no regular game feature
match play feature seems to be gone and the engine tournament drop down feature is completely missing. I have no access to extra engines at all (Stockfish..etc) Perhaps I am missing something (a secret window perhaps) If so let me know..Thx AR :) :wink: