Houdini 6 has been released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Houdini

Houdini 6 has been released

Post by Houdini »

Houdini 6 has been released today.
More information on our web page http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm .
Also in the updated User's Manual: http://www.cruxis.com/chess/manual/index.html .

Make sure to refresh the browser cache using F5 or Ctrl-F5 to get the most recent page.

Thank you for reading,
Robert
shrapnel

Re: Houdini 6 has been released

Post by shrapnel »

Great News !
Have you made any improvements to the Security apart from web-based Activation ?
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

shrapnel wrote:Great News !
Have you made any improvements to the Security apart from web-based Activation ?
Why would you be interested in such a thing? :roll:
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Houdini 6 continues the impressive surge made by its predecessor by adding another 50 to 60 Elo in strength, to become once again the strongest engine that money can buy.
Great ! Thanks for your hard work ! 8-)
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

Houdini wrote:Houdini 6 has been released today.
More information on our web page http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm .
Also in the updated User's Manual: http://www.cruxis.com/chess/manual/index.html .

Make sure to refresh the browser cache using F5 or Ctrl-F5 to get the most recent page.

Thank you for reading,
Robert
Thats fantastic news. I really liked Houdini 5 and I hope that Houdini 6 will do very well at TCEC and any other computer-chess tournament.

Will there be a trial version ? I am not complaining about the price which I think is very fair for what one get`s but since I am a student 40/60€ is a lot of money.

Greatings

CheckersGuy
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Just bought the Pro-version. Download-link within 2 minutes. No problems with activation. 4 activations (4 PCs) possible, like Houdini 5. Price in germany (with taxes): 71.34€

Stefan (SPCC)
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

shrapnel wrote:Great News !
I hope so. 8-)
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

pohl4711 wrote:Just bought the Pro-version. Download-link within 2 minutes. No problems with activation. 4 activations (4 PCs) possible, like Houdini 5. Price in germany (with taxes): 71.34€

Stefan (SPCC)
The number of activations is by default 4, if you have more computers just send us an e-mail to increase the limit. There is no real limit for users that don't abuse the system.

With the -20% Upgrade Promo for Houdini 5 users, pricing is 31.95€+VAT and 47.95€+VAT for Houdini 6 Standard and Pro.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

BrendanJNorman wrote:Why would you be interested in such a thing? :roll:
No need to roll your eyeballs so much. I have a very valid reason for asking.
The reason I ask, is because if there is nothing apart from web-based activation security, the hackers will rip it to shreds in 2 weeks flat !
No point spending 60 $ on something which will be available for free in less than 2 weeks.
Logical, I think.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Houdini wrote:I hope so. 8-)
Even GREATER News !