TCEC Season 10 announced

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: TCEC Season 10 announced

Post by peter »

As a matter of fact I did ask him and not you to reactivate it again, and the reason for him to let it away maybe will be the impression that people like you are uninterested in it anyhow.
:)
For a commercial engine to offer it or not the argument might be mainly a commercial one, obviously not for you to buy it, for me it yet would be one more and that's just what I wanted to let Robert know, you see
:?:
Peter.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

peter wrote:As a matter of fact I did ask him and not you to reactivate it again, and the reason for him to let it away maybe will be the impression that people like you are uninterested in it anyhow.
:)
For a commercial engine to offer it or not the argument might be mainly a commercial one, obviously not for you to buy it, for me it yet would be one more and that's just what I wanted to let Robert know, you see
:?:
I also vote for the return of the learning file. :) It's hard to see how it could adversely impact Houdini's Elo.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Graham Banks wrote:
Jeroen wrote:As far as I am concerned, games starting with 1.a4, 1.Na3, 1.Nh3 etc are totally uninteresting.
+1

Add 1.a3, 1.h3, 1.h4, 1.g4 and 1.f3 into that lot as well.
+10 :)
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

Thanks for your support, Carl
:!:
Peter.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

http://www.chessdom.com/tcec-weekly-update/
TCEC Season 10 is starting in about a month. Behind the scenes active preparation is going on for holding the 2
017 season of the world’s premium computer chess event.
After a constructive discussion and feedback from the TCEC fans, the new season will have the following parameters:
* A 20 or more cores server right from the start (Dual Xeon E5 series)
* Participants will be limited to 24 engines with a minimum ELO requirement
* Time control will be slightly faster in each stage, producing more games per day
* New engines that have never participated in TCEC will be invited
The season’s administrator will once again be Martin Thoresen. However, TCEC will be looking for another addition to the team. The new administrator will receive one month training and will be part of the season in later stages and from Season 11 on. If you think you are suitable for the job or know someone who is, please contact us here.
More updates on the championship will be published next week on Chessdom and also on the Facebook page.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Nice to know. I guess we will see Houdini 6 right to the begining this time !
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

velmarin wrote:The season’s administrator will once again be Martin Thoresen. However, TCEC will be looking for another addition to the team. The new administrator will receive one month training and will be part of the season in later stages and from Season 11 on. If you think you are suitable for the job or know someone who is, please contact us here.
I have turned down the invitation to become involved, but there are some other Talkchess members that might consider it.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

velmarin wrote:http://www.chessdom.com/tcec-weekly-update/
TCEC Season 10 is starting in about a month. Behind the scenes active preparation is going on for holding the 2
017 season of the world’s premium computer chess event.
After a constructive discussion and feedback from the TCEC fans, the new season will have the following parameters:
* A 20 or more cores server right from the start (Dual Xeon E5 series)
* Participants will be limited to 24 engines with a minimum ELO requirement
* Time control will be slightly faster in each stage, producing more games per day
* New engines that have never participated in TCEC will be invited
The season’s administrator will once again be Martin Thoresen. However, TCEC will be looking for another addition to the team. The new administrator will receive one month training and will be part of the season in later stages and from Season 11 on. If you think you are suitable for the job or know someone who is, please contact us here.
More updates on the championship will be published next week on Chessdom and also on the Facebook page.
This is good news. And I'm glad Martin took it back. It really was going nowhere with Anton.
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
brtzsnr

Post by brtzsnr »

First twelve participants announced. No surprises so far. http://www.chessdom.com/tcec-structure- ... ts-part-1/
1. Andscacs
2. Vajolet
3. Fruit
4. Laser
5. Texel
6. Stockfish
7. Jonny
8. Fire
9. Nirvana
10. Komodo
11. Chiron
12. Fizbo
egiovannotti

Post by egiovannotti »

There should be a semifinal with 4 engines.