FEOBOS 2.0 is available ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

FEOBOS 2.0 is available ...

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

the first available version of ...

Frank's Enycloapedia Of Balanced Opening Systems

Frank's Chess Page
http://www.amateurschach.de (have a look under: Opening Book). Here you can find the download link.

Opening book in Shredder Classic GUI *.bkt format.
For engine-engine fighting ... bis der Arzt kommt.

Try it out ... it's MEGA interesting to follow how often the ECO systems switched during the first opening moves.

The opening book based on v.02 of my opening book project (79.333 lines with move transpositions).

- no bad lines (will goes more in detail with more engine analysis).
- all 500 ECO Codes can be played
- depth = 3 moves after ECO code was builded.

Be sure that in a 200 game match max. 1-2 double opening lines will be produced. Think so, in my test with 5x 200 games no double games and in the near to a _perfect_ simulation to grandmasters A00-E99 theory distribution on a percentage basis.

And all have 1.6Mb (*.zip) or unzipped 9.270Mb. So small can be a perfect opening book for engine testing. Included are 24.947 lines without move transpositions and 79.333 lines with move transpositions.

With other words ... the 24.947 lines can be used as test-set for engine testing too. I am sure with such a book engine results in Elo can be much more exactly.

Best
Frank

PS: Version 3.0 will be available after Fire 5 POP x64 is ready with engine analysis.
Graham Banks

Re: FEOBOS 2.0 is available ...

Post by Graham Banks »

Nice work Frank. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Frank Quisinsky

Thanks Graham!

And with each engine, analyzed the postions FEOBOS based, it will be better and better. I think after the situation that 4 engines (Stockfish, Komodo, Houdini and Shredder) are ready with analysis all of the end positions ... it's time to release it.

Best
Frank
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi there,

the first available version of ...

Frank's Enycloapedia Of Balanced Opening Systems

Frank's Chess Page
http://www.amateurschach.de (have a look under: Opening Book). Here you can find the download link.

Opening book in Shredder Classic GUI *.bkt format.
For engine-engine fighting ... bis der Arzt kommt.

Try it out ... it's MEGA interesting to follow how often the ECO systems switched during the first opening moves.

The opening book based on v.02 of my opening book project (79.333 lines with move transpositions).

- no bad lines (will goes more in detail with more engine analysis).
- all 500 ECO Codes can be played
- depth = 3 moves after ECO code was builded.

Be sure that in a 200 game match max. 1-2 double opening lines will be produced. Think so, in my test with 5x 200 games no double games and in the near to a _perfect_ simulation to grandmasters A00-E99 theory distribution on a percentage basis.

And all have 1.6Mb (*.zip) or unzipped 9.270Mb. So small can be a perfect opening book for engine testing. Included are 24.947 lines without move transpositions and 79.333 lines with move transpositions.

With other words ... the 24.947 lines can be used as test-set for engine testing too. I am sure with such a book engine results in Elo can be much more exactly.

Best
Frank

PS: Version 3.0 will be available after Fire 5 POP x64 is ready with engine analysis.
Fantastic. Will definitely have a look.

Thanks Frank. :lol:
cdani

Post by cdani »

Very nice work!! Thanks!!
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Daniel,

and your engine is very strong in beginning too (not in the beginning only, seems to be clear but with strengths in the beginning of a game). Is one of the 10 engines which have to analysze the complete group of positions without move transpositions.

Thanks!

I have here a lot of fun with all that.

Best and have a nice day!
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Brendan,

thanks!

I have now to made corrections in the databases to the project. I need Elo black and Elo white in my PGN files or Shredder GUI created books without statistics. Very important to added it ... will be ready in the next hours and my project files are corrected.

Have to do it or again problems with "better sleepings".

:-)

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Re: Important databases fixed ...

Hi there,

databases fixed with v02.16 of my project files.
Now everyone can created the FEOBOS files with the databases in *.pgn format.

Code: Select all

[Event "Opening analyses"]
[Site "Trier"]
[Date "2017.05.01"]
[Round "2"]
[White "N.N."]
[Black "N.N."]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "A00"]
[WhiteElo "3000"]
[BlackElo "3000"]
[PlyCount "12"]
[EventDate "2017.??.??"]
[EventCountry "GER"]
[Source "Frank Quisinsky"]

1. g3 f5 2. Bg2 Nf6 3. d3 d6 4. e4 Nc6 5. Nc3 e5 6. f4 fxe4 1/2-1/2
Example for a right *.pgn file. Or Shredder Classic GUI can't build the statistics if users have interest to import the database to a new opening book. Important for Shredder Classic GUI is "WhiteElo" & "BlackElo"!

Possible to create FEOBOS 2.0 without move transposition but for an opening book the move transpositions should be included.

The important *.pgn files can be found in my download:

Bigger download file (all project files)
Directory: ___reject-after-engine-analysis_v02 ... current results

Smaler download file (important project files)
Directory: reject

Here are 4 *.pgn files available:

- rejected positions (2.630) from database with move Transposition (bad lines Houdini / Shredder find out).
- rejected positions (1.199) from database without move transpostions (bad lines Houdini / Shredder find out).
- corrected database v02 with move transpositions (79.333 ... the database FEOBOS 2.0 based).
- corrected database v02 without move transpositions (24.947).

And the *.cbh chessbase files I delete from the main database positions engines find out. So I can very fast create new databases if an engine is ready with the analysis.

Best
Frank