Position easy for computers, hard for me

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jwes

Position easy for computers, hard for me

Post by jwes »

I was going through games my program my program played and came across this position.
[d]4k3/5pB1/p3bPr1/1p1qn1pp/5r1P/P1Pp2R1/1P1Q1NP1/R5K1 b - - 0 35
When I saw the move, I thought it was a blunder, but stockfish very quickly showed a winning advantage. Do others have as much difficulty seeing the winning move as I did?
Dann Corbit

Re: Position easy for computers, hard for me

Post by Dann Corbit »

Fork if captured.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
MikeB

Re: Position easy for computers, hard for me

Post by MikeB »

jwes wrote:I was going through games my program my program played and came across this position.
[d]4k3/5pB1/p3bPr1/1p1qn1pp/5r1P/P1Pp2R1/1P1Q1NP1/R5K1 b - - 0 35
When I saw the move, I thought it was a blunder, but stockfish very quickly showed a winning advantage. Do others have as much difficulty seeing the winning move as I did?
The trick is took at the defenders and what can you do to peel them away. Without working all the variations , I would say after 45 seconds, I was on to the correct move. Sf was on it in 0.04 seconds and that was with just one core.