Reaching Lyudmil Antonov

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cma6

Reaching Lyudmil Antonov

Post by cma6 »

asmFish is a marvel but when there are problems with the latest commit, does anyone know how to reach Lyudmil Antonov?[/code]
lantonov

Re: Reaching Lyudmil Antonov

Post by lantonov »

You can write an issue in asmFish Github (https://github.com/lantonov/asmFish/issues/) and I will respond within an hour. I check the site more often than my e-mail.
BTW, there was a recent issue with the latest commit using large pages which was fixed (I hope).
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

lantonov wrote:You can write an issue in asmFish Github (https://github.com/lantonov/asmFish/issues/) and I will respond within an hour. I check the site more often than my e-mail.
BTW, there was a recent issue with the latest commit using large pages which was fixed (I hope).
I download the latest EXE's and I go to install them as UCI engine and all I get is a little ↑ but it will not integrate into Fritz GUI. These EXE are all compiled and everything,correct?
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
lantonov

Post by lantonov »

reflectionofpower wrote:
lantonov wrote:These EXE are all compiled and everything,correct?
Correct. They should work in Fritz GUI, too, like every UCI engine. It has been reported that they work better in Fritz 11 (less problems than Fritz 15). Probably in the newer Fritz they have complemented UCI with a few fancy commands of their own.
reflectionofpower

lantonov wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Correct. They should work in Fritz GUI, too, like every UCI engine. It has been reported that they work better in Fritz 11 (less problems than Fritz 15). Probably in the newer Fritz they have complemented UCI with a few fancy commands of their own.
I am using Fritz 14 and I have never had another problem with another engine
like this? I did a search for latest engine asmFISH and I downloaded the 12-17-2016 version and that works in Fritz 14 but ones off your github site do not.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

reflectionofpower wrote:
lantonov wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
I am using Fritz 14 and I have never had another problem with another engine
like this? I did a search for latest engine asmFISH and I downloaded the 12-17-2016 version and that works in Fritz 14 but ones off your github site do not.
Latest asmFish (170122) from github-page works fine in my Fritz 13.
lantonov

Post by lantonov »

reflectionofpower wrote:
lantonov wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
lantonov wrote: I did a search for latest engine asmFISH and I downloaded the 12-17-2016 version and that works in Fritz 14 but ones off your github site do not.
2016-12-17 was compiled by me as all the rest of the asmFishes. It is not the latest asmFish, the latest being 2017-01-22 from several hours ago.

I have several testers with Fritz GUI who have no problem installing asmFish in their system. You are the first one with such a problem making me think that something is wrong with your installation.

BTW, the latest patch:
2017-01-22 fix bug where large page alloc must not fail
fixes a problem that happened on a Fritz GUI. The guy reported 2 hours ago that everything works normal for him (with large pages).
lantonov

Post by lantonov »

What version are you using -- base, popcnt, or bmi2 ?
reflectionofpower

lantonov wrote:What version are you using -- base, popcnt, or bmi2 ?
I use popcnt and that's the version I have used with no problems before. I just tried your latest version with base, same problem, small arrow and it will not load. Using Deep Fritz 14 64 bit in Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro OS.

In fact for poops and giggles I went on your github site, downloaded 12-17-2016 and I get the same error but when I downloaded it off another site it was fine??

Lonnie
lantonov

Post by lantonov »

reflectionofpower wrote: In fact for poops and giggles I went on your github site, downloaded 12-17-2016 and I get the same error but when I downloaded it off another site it was fine??
So the problem is my github site then :)
Well, then use the version that works for you. Or better, compile it yourself. Everything you need for compiling is on my abominous github, including the fasm compilers.